Patient Comments: Gastroparesis - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your gastroparesis?

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 04

I have read about gastroparesis and my symptoms sound a lot like it. My stomach is usually nauseous and I don"t want to eat and sometimes have diarrhea with it.

Comment from: SONDRA.FADER, 65-74 (Patient) Published: May 13

I have pain in chest down the arm, I have a hiatal hernia, acid reflux, and slow motor disorder. I was checked out by my cardiac doctor. He said I should see a gastroenterologist.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

I was diagnosed with gastroparesis 11 months ago; actually the diagnosis was a relief, after not understanding what was causing my stomach problems for approximately 3 years. I take 60 mg of Dexilant for acid reflux and erythromycin to aid with motility. I stay as close to the gastroparesis diet as possible but when I stray I feel the results. Since the diet does not include vegetables or fruits I also take Juice Plus, a very good nutritional supplement and this also aids with motility to some degree.

Comment from: WhoKnew?, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 10

I've had one bout of constant nausea, which led to testing and diagnosis. I am tired by 4 p.m. after getting up at 8:30 a.m. A constant feeling of fullness is my main symptom. I've been living on tiny meals of soft foods and nutritional drinks. Any deviation results in fullness bordering on nausea all day. Contrary to information about gastroparesis, I can eat better later in the day rather than in the morning.

Comment from: Shadow, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I am diabetic and recently my gastroparesis has gotten much worse. After eating, food remains in my stomach, bloating is extreme and so bad that, 12 hours after eating, I still am enormously distended. My appetite is shut down, bowel movements ceased, and my blood sugar stays too low even without insulin. I am not nauseated, nor am I vomiting, but physically, I'm weak, jittery, dehydrated, feel nine- months pregnant, and miserable. I may be reduced to drinking only liquids, but even then, it is unpleasant.

Gastroparesis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with gastroparesis.
Gastroparesis - Diagnosis Question: How was your gastroparesis diagnosed?
Gastroparesis - Possible Causes Question: What do you believe was the cause of your gastroparesis?
Gastroparesis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including diet and medication, have you tried for gastroparesis?