Patient Comments: Gastroparesis - Symptoms

What symptoms do you experience with your gastroparesis?

Comment from: Shadow, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I am diabetic and recently my gastroparesis has gotten much worse. After eating, food remains in my stomach, bloating is extreme and so bad that, 12 hours after eating, I still am enormously distended. My appetite is shut down, bowel movements ceased, and my blood sugar stays too low even without insulin. I am not nauseated, nor am I vomiting, but physically, I'm weak, jittery, dehydrated, feel nine- months pregnant, and miserable. I may be reduced to drinking only liquids, but even then, it is unpleasant.

Gastroparesis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with gastroparesis.
Gastroparesis - Diagnosis Question: How was your gastroparesis diagnosed?
Gastroparesis - Possible Causes Question: What do you believe was the cause of your gastroparesis?
Gastroparesis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including diet and medication, have you tried for gastroparesis?