Patient Comments: Gastroenteritis (Stomach Flu) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with your stomach flu?

Comment from: Sugandhi Sah, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 23

Diarrhea and dysentery,a bdominal cramp,n ausea and vomiting and weakness etc.

Comment from: Ms.Ta, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I had fever, nausea, and bad stomach cramps, like being stabbed with a knife. I had to go to the ER and get antibiotics. I am feeling better, but I am not eating any meat for a while...just soups and yogurts.

Comment from: Southcarolina, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 27

It first started on a Wednesday night with belching. The next morning, I felt nauseous and had several diarrhea episodes. Immediately, I started drinking mass quantities of Gatorade and took some probiotics. The diarrhea continued all day and I had a fever. The next day was worse: I had stomach cramps with several trips to the bathroom. I took ibuprofen for my fever and drank lots of Gatorade to hydrate myself to avoid ending up in the hospital. Saltine crackers every few hours also helped. Now it's Saturday morning, and I woke up drenched in sweat and with stomach cramps. I never threw up but I rarely do, unless it is food poisoning.

Comment from: yawina, Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I have it now. Today is my fourth day. It started with muscle pain and abdominal pain. Then next day, dizziness when I woke up in the morning, fever, headache, weariness, and wanting to faint. I fainted twice. Then, watery stools, dry mouth, sticky lips. Coughing and sneezing as I also have cough and cold. No sense of taste and smell. Loss of appetite and always thirsty. My voice is totally unrecognizable.The worst days are the first two days, I guess. I feel a lot better today than yesterday. Fever and muscle pain are gone.

Gastroenteritis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have with gastroenteritis (stomach flu)?
Gastroenteritis - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with gastroenteritis (stomach flu).
Gastroenteritis - Cause Question: Do you know what virus, bacteria, or parasite caused your case of gastroenteritis (cruise ship, traveling by plane, traveling to another country, from a family member or friend?)
Gastroenteritis - Treatment Question: What treatments were effective for your case of gastroenteritis?
Gastroenteritis - Call for Medical Help Question: Did you have to call your doctor to treat your case of gastroenteritis?
Gastroenteritis - Complications Question: Please describe the complications you suffered due to gastroenteritis.
Gastroenteritis - Diagnosed Question: How was your case of gastroenteritis diagnosed?