Patient Comments: Gastritis - Treatment

What types of treatment, including medications, did you receive for gastritis?

Comment from: teenymeany, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I have gastritis and esophagitis, I had an endoscopy done about 2 years ago. I was prescribed Nexium but my insurance wouldn't pay for it so I bought OTC omeprazole which I used for a month or so. My pain went away but now it has returned. I now just take simethicone and antacids which help some but I'm wondering if I should start taking a proton pump inhibitor again. I tried H2 blocker (ranitidine) but with little to no relief. I went to a new doctor and he said he doesn't think my bloating and pain are caused from the gastritis but thinks I have IBS, I don't agree. My main problem is the gas and being able to release it, simethicone helps but I still think there should be something else I can do.

Gastritis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with gastritis.
Gastritis - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your gastritis?
Gastritis - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your gastritis? Did you go to a doctor?
Gastritis - Diagnosis Question: What types of exams or tests led to a diagnosis of gastritis? If you had an endoscopy, please describe the procedure.