Patient Comments: Gastritis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with gastritis.

Comment from: tallonvine, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 18

I suffer mild forms of gastritis quite often. I was told it might be angina so I left it. This however is my second severe bout. The first bout caused a stomach ulcer. On that occasion I lost more than a third of my blood and nearly died, needless to say I am scared. This time I've caught it early and now understand it both severe cases were accompanied by unbearable stress. I am on beta blockers.

Comment from: john, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 17

I am suffering from gastritis. I'm using medicine for that. It started 3 months ago. I have difficulty breathing mostly at night. A few days before I used to have a fever in the evenings.

Comment from: cmckie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 08

I developed this when I was in the hospital the only medication I am taking is Zantac. I have a nasty taste in my mouth and nothing tastes good. My stomach feels upset all the time.

Comment from: feretsrme, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I had an endoscopy done this morning, and my doctor provided me with 4 pictures. The first one is of my gastro-esophageal junction. It is red, and open. I previously had an ulcer on it, and it was healed by Nexium. It looks like it is trying to come back. The second picture is of the fundus, and part of it is kind of dark pink, with an area that is much darker, almost a brownish black color, with a white area. The third is of the body of the stomach, and it is bright red with a section that is brown with white areas. The fourth is of the duodenum. All of the pictures indicate inflammation. I do have a hiatal hernia, with a degree of gastroparesis, and esophagitis.

Gastritis - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your gastritis?
Gastritis - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your gastritis? Did you go to a doctor?
Gastritis - Diagnosis Question: What types of exams or tests led to a diagnosis of gastritis? If you had an endoscopy, please describe the procedure.
Gastritis - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, including medications, did you receive for gastritis?