Patient Comments: Gastritis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with gastritis.

Comment from: VISHAL, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I was suffering with gastritis and GERD for almost 1 year and tried many medicines like Nexpro, Razo 20, Ganaton OD, omeprazole and many others however I did not get any relief. My health conditions were getting worse. Then I tried Ayurveda medicine and you won't believe me, my conditions improved. Within a month my health conditions had 90 percent improved.

Comment from: Pattyp44, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I was having stomach pains upper and lower but they were intermittent and moving around. The doctor thought it was an ulcer. I had an endoscopy and revealed slight case of gastritis. I purchased some natural oregano oil. I read that it was a natural antibiotic and specifically eliminates H pylori. Took 3 drops in a little shot of apple juice twice a day and 4 weeks later all symptoms are gone. The Brand I purchased was Oreganol P73. It was $27 for a small bottle with a dropper. I have read it can be used for other ailments as well. Worked for me and well worth the cost!

Comment from: jinx, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

My gastritis started with bad stomach pain, nausea, and diarrhea. I got diagnosed a few months ago through an upper endoscopy.

Comment from: tummi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

My gastritis causes my stomach to burn, especially when it is empty. I interpret that burning as hunger and can't go long without eating once I feel the burn. I have gained weight because of this; it's very upsetting. I've had H. Pylori in the past and was treated successfully for it. To me, this feels exactly like H. Pylori, but I've been tested and the lab says it's not H.Pylori. I'm going for an endoscopy later this week. I do not want to take the acid-blockers the doctor has prescribed. If there is too much acid, I want to find out and treat the cause, not just the symptom.

Comment from: lzbth0671, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I was rushed to the ER from work one afternoon. I was in the worse pain I had ever been in. After 4 hours and a dose of morphine, they diagnosed me with gastritis. I take medication every morning 30 minutes before I eat. After the first week all the pain went away, although I am still careful about what I eat. Then last Friday, I forgot to take my meds. As soon as I ate my oatmeal, I was in extreme pain again. The pain lessened once I took my medicine but it was still a problem for several days after. Now it is back to normal, but I wonder if this is something I'm going to have to deal with for the rest of my life.

Comment from: Rich, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 05

Had an operation for appendicitis and developed a stomach ache underneath my sternum. Now it's travelled around stomach. Burning painful. It gets worse when I put any pressure on it such as a belt. Doctor says it's gastritis and to take probiotics. She says the antibiotics from the operation stripped my stomach of good bacteria and need to replace. So far it hasn't worked. Must stay away from alcohol, caffeine, spicy food, fatty foods. God help me!

Comment from: nana, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

It's the most painful thing ever. I was given Protonix but it doesn't seem to be working. It did a day after I went to the hospital. Wish I knew what to do!

Comment from: LISA, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 16

My eight-year-old son has chronic gastritis. Four months ago he started to feel like it was hard to swallow. Over time, his condition has definitely worsened. For a while, he would only eat crackers because they dissolve quickly and are easier to swallow, he says. He was just diagnosed with gastritis and now takes two different medications.

Gastritis - Symptoms and Signs Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your gastritis?
Gastritis - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your gastritis? Did you go to a doctor?
Gastritis - Diagnosis Question: What types of exams or tests led to a diagnosis of gastritis? If you had an endoscopy, please describe the procedure.
Gastritis - OTC and Prescription Medications Question: What types of treatment, including medications, did you receive for gastritis?
Gastritis - Experience Question: Please share your experience with acute or chronic gastritis.
Gastritis - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your gastritis?
Gastritis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you have with gastritis?
Gastritis - Diet to Sooth Symptoms Question: What foods have you found help sooth or treat your gastritis/