Patient Comments: Gastric Emptying Study - Results

Question:What were the results from your gastric emptying study?

Comment from: lizzybee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I had a gastric emptying study today and it was a piece of cake. I ate a few scrambled eggs, a scan after an hour and another scan after another hour. I had to wait for two hours after that for my last scan but all is ok.

Comment from: Stephanie7297, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I had my gastric emptying scan on December 17th 2013. My results were abnormal. My scan showed that my stomach was not emptying at all. I do not have thyroid problems and pretty sure I do not have diabetes. I now have an appointment with a gastroenterologist, who seems to think it's my medication which has not changed in more than two years. So I can only guess that it might be something going on in my stomach or that it is idiopathic.

Comment from: oldwoman65340, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I am scheduled for gastric emptying next week. I have hypothyroidism which can cause gastroparesis. I also take pain meds and anti-inflammatories for osteoarthritis. I don't have vomiting just nausea, feeling full after small meal, and lots of indigestion. I had a scope done last October. Nothing showed except the damage from medications. I also have a quivering across my stomach which feels like nerves. Didn't know if they might have cut a nerve when I had hip replacement.

Comment from: JP, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

The test is scheduled for next Wednesday. The sound of the test alone scared me so I wanted to find out what it was about; more so, what to expect. I have all the symptoms of food not moving as it should. This will be my third CT/Nuclear test of this problem. So far, severe constipation, in large and small intestines were present. Even with medications this problem has not been solved. I will up-date you after the test. Thank you for sharing with me how this test is performed. I am now at ease because of you.

Comment from: tahoetonia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I had a Gastric Emptying Study done 10 months ago and my results were confirmed gastroparesis. There was still food in my stomach after 4 hours. I was put on Nortriptyline 10mg to start and currently taking 50mg nightly. I feel like it has improved my eating, but not as much as I need it to. I have had TPN treatment twice in 9 months for weight loss. As of today I have lost 7 pounds of the last treatment that ended in early January. I am scheduled for another study tomorrow. My doctors do not have any answers as to why I can't maintain the weight. I am struggling with this and am looking for answers from anyone and anywhere I can.