Patient Comments: Gallbladder Pain - Treatment

How was your case of gallbladder pain treated?

Comment from: steverino, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 12

I am a former emergency medical technician. My gallbladder frequently quits providing bile to the stomach, which in turn lets the food I ate sit in the stomach and ferment so to speak. The bile helps food breakdown and move it into the small intestines. The food sitting in my stomach begins to swell and this causes severe pain putting me on the floor. I have been to the emergency room with this and they could not diagnose it and since the gallbladder does not show swelling in the x-rays, they will not take it out. Sometimes I think the medical profession has quit thinking outside the box. Not all gallbladders are equal. I eat plenty of beets to help the gallbladder to keep functioning. They seem to be a super food for the gallbladder. My sister and brother have had their gallbladders removed because they showed the typical signs of swelling that most people experience. Thank you for the forum.

Comment from: patticee, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 30

My granddaughter had her gall bladder taken out by scope. When she was discharged, she no sooner got home from hospital and had to return to the emergency room. They discovered her liver was bleeding more than they supposedly thought. Yet, after a couple days of not eating and many tests, they decided that a rouge stone had gotten out and was creating the sickness again. I wonder how and where it goes out of system. They never brought the bleeding problem again.

Comment from: Ruth, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

My gallbladder was removed as well as stones.

Gallbladder Pain - Causes Question: What was the cause of the gallbladder pain you experienced?
Gallbladder Pain - Symptoms Question: What symptoms were associated with your experience with gallbladder pain?
Gallbladder Pain - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with your case of gallbladder pain?