Patient Comments: Gallbladder Pain - Symptoms

What symptoms were associated with your experience with gallbladder pain?

Comment from: turtle, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I started with severe cramps in the upper abdomen. The pain came and went regularly for over 12 hours, proceeded with increasing bowel movements to diarrhea to blood and mucus. I ran a moderate fever and felt nauseated. The cramps eased and the bleeding finally stopped after 24 hours but the abdominal pain lasted for 4 to 5 days. I lost over 10 pounds and had no appetite. Worst cramps I ever had, felt like someone turning my stomach into a squeegee.

Comment from: valpaul, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

I have been a diabetic for last 35 years, under control with insulin. For the past 3 months, I started feeling pain (not continuous) at right upper abdomen area, sometimes radiating to right shoulder. Doctor felt that gall bladder area was slightly swollen. Ultra sound scan found gall bladder dissected, but found no stone or any other problem. I had no nausea, loss of appetite or indigestion. Liver is slightly fatty. I take simvastatin 10 mg and atenolol 25 mg as preventive medication.

Comment from: kris, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I experienced mild but constant pain in the gallbladder and an ongoing feeling of nausea, but without being able to vomit. I went to the emergency room, was admitted, and had surgery within a few hours. What really made me feel sick was the post-operative antibiotics.

Comment from: Ruth, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 20

With gallbladder pain I had severe pain under my right ribs which went through to my back right side, shortness of breath due to pain, sweating, couldn"t straighten up, the pain was unbelievable.

Gallbladder Pain - Causes Question: What was the cause of the gallbladder pain you experienced?
Gallbladder Pain - Treatment Question: How was your case of gallbladder pain treated?
Gallbladder Pain - Complications Question: What complications did you experience with your case of gallbladder pain?