furosemide - oral, Lasix
GENERIC NAME: FUROSEMIDE - ORAL (fyou-ROW-seh-mide)
BRAND NAME(S): Lasix
WARNING: Furosemide is a very potent medication. Using too much of this drug can lead to serious water and salt/mineral loss. Therefore, it is important that you are closely monitored by your doctor while taking this medication. Tell your doctor right away if you become very thirsty or confused, or develop muscle cramps/weakness. See also Side Effects section.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions