Patient Comments: Fungal Nails - Treatments

Question:What treatment did you use for your fungal nails?

Published: May 02

I've used Lamisil. It took many tries. Success came when I kept repeating the treatment over about a year. Before that, I would see some improvement but not a cure. I found a good podiatrist who worked well with me.

Comment from: Jasmine, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 24

Zederna insoles made from cedarwood. I think it's the best way preventing nail funugs or even sweaty, smelly feet. The wood binds moisture and reduces bacteria.

Comment from: Artpeurveyor, Male (Patient) Published: May 07

For my fungal nails, I've been using a new product called molecular AF, over the counter from my podiatrist. After three months I've noticed a great change, and the amount provided is enough for at least a year. It has antifungals and antibiotics.

Comment from: gazelle, Female (Caregiver) Published: July 07

It is also worth noting that immune support is a helpful adjunct and that nail growth is slowed by the infection. As the new healthy nail appears the growth rate improves and I have seen smaller nails clear as soon as 6 months but the great nail generally takes at least a year; this also depends on how well established the infection; infections treated early are generally much quicker to respond and an infection that has lasted for years can be very resistant.

Comment from: Stewart, 45-54 Male Published: April 26

Underneath my toes it feels very numb. My toenails do not grow. My whole foot feels heavy and goes numb when walking. The buttock feels heavy and numb.

Comment from: Broadway babe, 65-74 Female Published: April 15

I use tea tree oil on a small piece of cotton and push it under the nail with a wooden tooth pick. It seems to decrease the area affected. I've tried Rx nail polish and soaking my feet in corn meal and warm water. Neither helped.

Fungal Nails - Signs and Symptoms Question: What did your nails look like when you had a nail fungus? What were your signs and symptoms?
Fungal Nails - Prevention Question: If you've had a toenail fungus, how do you try to prevent it from recurring?
Fungal Nails - Diagnosis Question: Why did you go to a doctor for your nail fungus? How was the condition diagnosed?