Patient Comments: Fungal Meningitis - Exposure

Question:Have you recently had an epidural steroid injection? If so, are you worried about being exposed to fungal meningitis?

Comment from: markinohio, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 16

I have had many epidural steroid injections over the years. My last one was in January 2012. According to the news I am outside the effective date to worry, but over the past three days I have had all the symptoms except for a constant fever. I have had a fever but it is on and off, no consistency and it is low grade. Should I worry or is it most likely in my head?

Comment from: curiousgeorge, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

I received an epidural in place of my normal SI Facet injections. At the same time I also had injections in both trochanteric bursae. These were administered several weeks ago. I'm not overly concerned because I've had no reactions since. Could I still be infected and not know it after such a long time?