Patient Comments: Frozen Shoulder - Treatments

What treatments were helpful or effective for your frozen shoulder?

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

For my frozen shoulder, I had six months of physical therapy (twice a week) with large doses of ibuprofen and one Cortizone shot prior to surgery, followed by six more months of PT (twice a week). The doctor did surgery to remove the calcification causing tendonitis. My PT had me icing and doing my exercises 3 to 4 times a day at home. I am a year following surgery and still do the stretches and weights once a day.

Comment from: LicensedMassage, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 12

I'm a licensed massage therapist. Why physical therapy is important, massage can help keep the scar tissue from collecting and causing adhesions. Just thought I'd throw that out there for the people who feel that scar tissue caused by frozen shoulder is holding them back from recovery.

Comment from: jenn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I have had a frozen shoulder for approximately 6 months. It developed 4-5weeks after a fall I had skiing. Physical therapy at first along wiht IMS therapy. I just had my second cortisone shot under fluroscopy and think it has released the joint a bit more. The first shot definitely helped with the painful period. I have also been seeing a Naturopath for Bowen therapy, which seems to help. Because of overuse my other shoulder has been in a lot of pain, so the therapies are great for both sides!

Comment from: dorthk, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

Swimming exercises has been the best thing I have done for my frozen shoulders. I can go in the pool with all kinds of pain and get out and be pain free.

Frozen Shoulder - Cause Question: What was the cause of your frozen shoulder?
Frozen Shoulder - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your frozen shoulder?
Frozen Shoulder - Prognosis Question: What is your frozen shoulder prognosis? Did you have physical therapy?