Patient Comments: Frozen Shoulder - Cause

What was the cause of your frozen shoulder?

Comment from: poppy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I am 47, and am in my perimenopausal stage of my life. I am 3 or 4 years into it. I am still having the odd random period, but they are getting less and less. I have coped with night sweats since the start. The rest of the symptoms I am experiencing are paranoia, anxiety, and mood swings. I am now thinking of taking doctor's advice as these symptoms are effecting every aspect of my life, friends, job, family, decision making and my personality is changing. This is scary! I am a naturally bubble happy person, but I am feeling down and paranoid beyond rationality. I am not liking any of this and have absolutely no control over my mind, feelings and reality.

Comment from: LoriLee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I was diagnosed with adhesive capsulitis yesterday. It's been hurting since 7 months. Left arm slowly froze to my side. Doctor is not sure of cause. I was moving cinder blocks and was tired but not hurt. I also have heart condition but haven't been to the heart doctor in some time. I have heart arrhythmia so not sure it wasn't heart related. I am starting physical therapy tomorrow, don't want this pain forever.

Comment from: Steve, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

I suffered from a frozen shoulder after injecting insulin into the top of my shoulder as advised by my doctor. I had the frozen shoulder for 2 years and my doctor gave me injections in the shoulder blade several time over several months but they never worked. By luck I was working at a lady's house and it turned out she was a Bowen therapist. She had a look at my shoulder when I was there and 6 visits later I have no pain and 90 percent movement back in my shoulder and have been ok since. Give Bowen a go, it works.

Comment from: Steve, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I suffered from a frozen shoulder after injecting insulin into the top of my shoulder as advised by my doctor. I had the frozen shoulder for 2 years and my doctor gave me injections in the shoulder blade several time over several months but it never worked. By luck I was working at a lady's house and it turned out she was a Bowen therapist she had a look at my shoulder when I was there and 6 visits later I have no pain and 90 percent movement back in my shoulder and have been ok since. Give Bowen a go, it works.

Comment from: 234bye, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I have had a frozen shoulder twice. I have read that it can be caused by a significant amount of stress, and feeling burdened. The first time I had it I went to a chiropractor/massage therapist/energy worker. He worked on my shoulder and it got better right away. He asked if I'd been flying on a plane. I said, yes, and he said that often will bring it on. Then I had to fly home, and, sure enough, I got it again. This time I went to a wonderful massage therapist who specialized in shoulder massage healing, and after one treatment it went away. I now have another, brought on by a tremendous amount of stress. This time I am also using frankincense oil on it. I am an energy worker this time, so now I am also imagining a bright golden/white light all around my shoulder and down my arm. If it's not better soon I will go back to the wonderful massage therapist who helped me the last time.

Comment from: Feeling hopeless, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I'm going on 7 months now from what my orthopedic doctor and physiotherapist (PT) told me, was a frozen shoulder along with a small tear. I have had 2 Cortizone shots, done PT, acupuncture and now I am getting deep tissue massage (which treatments are leaving me penniless). I am starting to feel hopeless. I am very active and now can't do much of anything. I feel myself getting depressed and very grumpy. I am feeling hopeless.

Comment from: mamzo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I am HIV positive and I've been taking treatment more than a year now but I don't see anything, I'm getting worse instead of getting better. My weight is going down and I grow glands between my jaws and neck. I wonder if I'm using the right treatment Atroiza which I get from the clinic every month.

Frozen Shoulder - Treatments Question: What treatments were helpful or effective for your frozen shoulder?
Frozen Shoulder - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your frozen shoulder?
Frozen Shoulder - Prognosis Question: What is your frozen shoulder prognosis? Did you have physical therapy?