Patient Comments: Frozen Shoulder - Cause

What was the cause of your frozen shoulder?

Comment from: LoriLee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I was diagnosed with adhesive capsulitis yesterday. It's been hurting since 7 months. Left arm slowly froze to my side. Doctor is not sure of cause. I was moving cinder blocks and was tired but not hurt. I also have heart condition but haven't been to the heart doctor in some time. I have heart arrhythmia so not sure it wasn't heart related. I am starting physical therapy tomorrow, don't want this pain forever.

Comment from: Steve, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

I suffered from a frozen shoulder after injecting insulin into the top of my shoulder as advised by my doctor. I had the frozen shoulder for 2 years and my doctor gave me injections in the shoulder blade several time over several months but they never worked. By luck I was working at a lady's house and it turned out she was a Bowen therapist. She had a look at my shoulder when I was there and 6 visits later I have no pain and 90 percent movement back in my shoulder and have been ok since. Give Bowen a go, it works.

Comment from: Steve, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I suffered from a frozen shoulder after injecting insulin into the top of my shoulder as advised by my doctor. I had the frozen shoulder for 2 years and my doctor gave me injections in the shoulder blade several time over several months but it never worked. By luck I was working at a lady's house and it turned out she was a Bowen therapist she had a look at my shoulder when I was there and 6 visits later I have no pain and 90 percent movement back in my shoulder and have been ok since. Give Bowen a go, it works.

Comment from: 234bye, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I have had a frozen shoulder twice. I have read that it can be caused by a significant amount of stress, and feeling burdened. The first time I had it I went to a chiropractor/massage therapist/energy worker. He worked on my shoulder and it got better right away. He asked if I'd been flying on a plane. I said, yes, and he said that often will bring it on. Then I had to fly home, and, sure enough, I got it again. This time I went to a wonderful massage therapist who specialized in shoulder massage healing, and after one treatment it went away. I now have another, brought on by a tremendous amount of stress. This time I am also using frankincense oil on it. I am an energy worker this time, so now I am also imagining a bright golden/white light all around my shoulder and down my arm. If it's not better soon I will go back to the wonderful massage therapist who helped me the last time.

Comment from: nannyjay, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I had the flu jab in November 2013 and since then I have had a pain in shoulder. I was diagnosed with frozen shoulder in May and I am now waiting to have the steroid injection which I hope takes away the pain as I have never known pain like it. I am undecided whether to have the flu jab again as I have never had problems before.

Comment from: Catherine, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

Yesterday I had my second shot in my left shoulder and I was told that I have a frozen shoulder. I was told that this shot was going to be different (whatever that means). This is my third shot in 3 months. I also had problems with my right shoulder first and physical therapy made it worse and my left shoulder that hurt very little is now my worse shoulder after physical therapy. My arm feels worse that before the shot and now I have no range and motion. I hope that it will be much better tomorrow. I can't even lift my arm to brush my hair.

Comment from: Tamelah, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I am not sure what caused my frozen shoulder. But, I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia at the same time.

Frozen Shoulder - Treatments Question: What treatments were helpful or effective for your frozen shoulder?
Frozen Shoulder - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with your frozen shoulder?
Frozen Shoulder - Prognosis Question: What is your frozen shoulder prognosis? Did you have physical therapy?