Patient Comments: Frostbite - Recovery Time

Please describe your experience with frostbite injury recovery time?

Comment from: norm, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 10

I was in and out of the house for only 3 hours in 15 degrees F weather, working in the yard. I got very mild frostbite on toes and fingers because I had on summer sneakers and no gloves. It was a very dumb move on my part. Anyway, toes felt funny for almost a month and I had stinging, burning and stiffness, and very cold feet. I had no blistering or extreme signs of frostbite. No infections. Hands tingle and sting for almost 3 weeks then extreme nerve pain in hands for 2 days. I took lots of ibuprofen and soaked in 104 deg F water. I am finally starting to feel better and consider myself very lucky that it was not worse. Frostbite can happen very quickly and takes a long time to feel better.

Frostbite - Experience Question: What was your experience with frostbite?
Frostbite - Symptoms and Signs Question: What were your the symptoms and signs of your frostbite?
Frostbite - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your frostbite injury?
Frostbite - Experience Question: Please share your experience with frostbite.