Patient Comments: Freckles - Heredity

Did you inherit your freckles? Are they a characteristic of your heritage or ethnicity? Please share.

Comment from: bizzylizzie, 55-64 Female Published: July 22

I inherited my freckles from my mother's side of the family. I am of mixed race (my father was West Indian) and my mother's side was of Scots/Irish descent and I am very, very fair skinned (white) and absolutely covered from head to toe in freckles. I can't tell you how very very proud I am of them.

Freckles - Value Question: Explain why you like your freckles.
Freckles - Prevention Question: Do you try to minimize freckles? Describe how you try to prevent them.
Freckles - Treatment Question: What treatments have you used for your freckles? What would you recommend?