fosphenytoin-injection, Cerebyx (cont.)
OVERDOSE: If overdose is suspected, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call the US national poison hotline at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly. Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, unconsciousness; unusually fast or slow heartbeat; muscle weakness or aches; severe dizziness, drowsiness, or stomach pain; fainting, or rapid breathing.
NOTES: Laboratory and/or medical tests may be performed to monitor your progress.
MISSED DOSE: If you miss a dose, contact your doctor or pharmacist promptly to establish a new dosing schedule.
STORAGE: Store vials in the refrigerator between 36 and 46 degrees F (2 to 8 degrees C) away from light and moisture. After proper mixing with correct IV fluids (consult your pharmacist for details), this medication is stable at room temperature for 8 hours and for 24 hours when refrigerated. Discard any unused liquid.
MEDICAL ALERT: Your condition can cause complications in a medical emergency. For enrollment information call MedicAlert at 1-800-854-1166 (USA), or 1-800-668-1507 (Canada).
Last Editorial Review: 3/2/2005
Back to Medications Index
Get the latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox FREE!