- High Blood Pressure Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Salt Quiz!
- Lowering Blood Pressure Exercise Tips Pictures
- What is fosinopril sodium, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- Is fosinopril sodium available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for fosinopril sodium?
- What are the side effects of fosinopril sodium?
- What is the dosage for fosinopril sodium?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with fosinopril sodium?
- Is fosinopril sodium safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about fosinopril sodium?
Is fosinopril sodium safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
ACE inhibitors, including fosinopril, can be harmful to the fetus and should not be taken by pregnant women.
Fosinopril is secreted in breast milk and is not recommended for nursing mothers.
What else should I know about fosinopril sodium?
What preparations of fosinopril sodium are available?
Tablets: 10, 20, and 40 mg
How should I keep fosinopril sodium stored?
Tablets should be stored between 15-30 C (59-86 F).
Reference: FDA Prescribing Information
Quick GuideHow to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.