Patient Comments: Foot Problems with Diabetes - Experience

What kind of problems have you had with your feet due to your diabetes?

Comment from: paul, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: February 20

I got a piece of nail like tool in my feet and that has caused me to have a surgery cutting my big toe off and a portion of the bottom of my feet. It is not healing well, then my other foot got infected real bad; I can hardly walk now.

Comment from: Sunil vasandani, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 01

I have got foot calluses over one year now and it is taking a long time to heal, I started taking bed rest and also antibiotics. Now it has finally started to heal faster.

Comment from: Mary B., 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

For the last year I have a problem with my feet. They both feel like I have dried egg yolk on my feet (top/bottom), up to my ankles. They feel warm all of the time. I have asked 6 doctors about this problem. They have all checked pulses in my feet, and they say that my pulses are strong. They have no Idea as to what is causing this in my feet.

Comment from: 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 09

get this problem in my foot that feels kind a worm or something moving on the nerve ends. It happens mostly at night. This will last for about two hours. It is not a pain but more like something messing with the nerves . I am taking meds to help control my sugar.

Comment from: LUCY, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 27

The tips of some of my toes are dark red.

Comment from: bruce, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 07

I have pain in the bottom of my foot. It feels like some kind of tendon or something getting pulled. I will even notice it sometimes when bending over.

Diabetes and Foot Problems - Prevention Question: What measures do you take to prevent problems with your feet due to diabetes?
Diabetes and Foot Problems - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and problems have you experienced with your feet due to diabetes?