Patient Comments: Foot Pain - Medical Treatment

What type of doctor or specialist did you go to for your foot pain? Please share your experience.

Comment from: Marquel23, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I have pain under my left foot nearest my three toes. I have had multiple blood tests done which came back normal, MRIs, x-rays, test(s) which found no abnormality. I"ve seen a neurologist, podiatrist, chiropractor none of whom could treat my problem successfully. I"ve taken shots, anti-inflammatory pills, which are not providing pain relief. I don"t know what next step to take.

Comment from: agraham, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

Hey I have had this pain in my left foot surrounding my ankle for the last 4 weeks. Some days it could be mild pain and I can manage and then sometimes progresses to the worst. I have tried just about everything to get the pain to go away; wrapping it, soaking it, taking pills, ice, and propping my foot up; nothing seems to work. Some days I can rest up but others I can' because of work and school. My foot stays swollen, bruised, and now there is a knot showing up beside my ankle bone. Slowly the bruising is showing up on the other side of my foot. I don't really have a lot of money to go to the doctor.

Comment from: deedee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 07

I had plantar fasciitis and bone spur on my left foot. Therapy, shots, special shoes, nothing helped but surgery. I have no more problems with left foot, feels great, but now I have same problem with right foot. I am about to have same surgery on it, hopefully it will feel great like left foot after surgery.

Foot Pain - Effective Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Cause Question: What caused your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Symptoms Question: What other symptoms did you have with your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams and tests that you had to diagnose the source of your foot pain.
Foot Pain - Prevention Question: If you've previously suffered foot pain, what precautions would you make before starting a new exercise routine?