Patient Comments: Foot Pain - Effective Treatments

What treatments have been effective for your foot pain?

Comment from: footpain, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

I have a small protrusion on the top of my foot. It appears to be near the intermediate cuneiform. The pain is not acute there, but runs down to the toe next to the big toe with severe burning and throbbing on that toe and pain less severe on the big toe. I treated it with a cold pack and 2 Advil. It finally subsided after 15 minutes and I was able to fall asleep. The first night this occurred I just used cold pack, the second I applied the above therapy. I golfed almost very day this summer and walked. I had some discomfort at the protrusion area but nothing like I experienced the last 2 nights.

Comment from: pamskimmy, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 27

I personally found great relief in changing my shoes. I now wear the Vibram five fingers shoes and much of the pain that I had was relieved. I think it has something to do with how your foot lands when you walk. Everybody is different, but that was why I had foot pain.

Comment from: Birdy100, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I have used walking as my usual form of exercise. In the past I had plantar fascitis but this seems to have abated, at least the pain is not in the heel area but on the balls of my feet. I have calluses and they hurt when I walk very far. I have tried the callus pads and they do offer some relief but I have also tried various kinds of shoes without relief. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comment from: jeepwrangler5, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I am having really bad pain basically all over both feet. The pain appears to be muscular in nature but I am unsure why I have this pain. I have bought and changed shoes. I have bought and wore support socks but the pain continues. I am wondering if I am having circulation problems. I am not diabetic and I am actually in very good health other than my feet.

Comment from: Nick, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 05

I have a foot problem, when I go out and play golf for instance and come home and rest or while at work (sitting at desk) when I get up to walk somewhere, my feet are very sore and hurts to walk, after 5 to 10 steps I am walking fine, but the pain is still there. I am a type 2 diabetic with blood sugar under control.

Comment from: topaz, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 26

My foot pain is on the top of both my feet. Sometimes it feels like there are broken bones on the top of my feet. Soaking my feet in hot water helps. Night time is the worst pain, after I get off my feet. I don't know what to do.

Comment from: peach, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

My heels are sensitive and go numb sometimes. My arches have fallen a little too. It's affected the backs of my knees and calves. I get shooting pains on top of my foot at times. It's worse toward the evenings, and my ankles are swollen all the time. This started maybe two years ago. I don't know what to do for them.

Foot Pain - Cause Question: What caused your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Symptoms Question: What other symptoms did you have with your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Medical Treatment Question: What type of doctor or specialist did you go to for your foot pain? Please share your experience.
Foot Pain - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams and tests that you had to diagnose the source of your foot pain.
Foot Pain - Prevention Question: If you've previously suffered foot pain, what precautions would you make before starting a new exercise routine?