Patient Comments: Foot Pain - Effective Treatments

What treatments have been effective for your foot pain?

Comment from: jrocco, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 12

I have had pain on the outer upper side of my left foot that feels like a damaged tendon. The pain has been there for over 3 months. My feet have not been injured in any way. I have type 2 diabetes. This causes me to limp when I walk.

Comment from: Nick, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: November 19

I'm 16 and I play basketball for my school, but 4 months ago my feet started hurting, then my ankles and then my knees. I can't run up and down the court, and I have lost like 20 inches off my vertical leap. I don't even remember getting injured.

Comment from: RLS, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 15

I had a planter's wart in the ball of my foot years ago and had it removed. Lately, I've been having terrible, sharp pain in that area. I thought it was gout arthritis, but the more I read it seems that the symptoms are different. What I'm experiencing is a sharp pain whether I am seated or standing. I have not sought out medical attention yet and would like to know if there is something that I can do first.

Comment from: Burt, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 14

I have had foot pain since my early 20's and I am now 64. When I stand for any length of time the bottoms of my feet hurt badly. I have gone to foot doctors that did therapy, arch supports, and two Neurologist that found no problems but I am still having pain on the bottoms of my feet. I am in excellent health and exercise 5 to 6 days per week. When I run more than 5 miles it starts hurting to the point I think they are numb. Who should I see for relief? I am tired of living like this. I want to be active but the pain is just too much at times.

Comment from: perzava, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I have problem with my toes and the front part of the bottom of my feet both feet hurt in the same places I went to the Doctor had an X-ray done found nothing wrap my feet with a gel pad for me to wear for five days but it not solve the problem feet are still hurting.

Comment from: Keggy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

About five years ago while I was out walking I tripped and fell over my right foot and injured it and also my collar bone. I went to the hospital and they had told me that my collar bone was fractured and my foot wasn't. To this day it still hurts off and on as it did the day I hurt it and it feels like it is broke. I don't know what I should do.

Comment from: grannydancer, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I injured my foot while dancing in soft shoes. I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I was given orthotics to wear and that helped tremendously, but I keep getting charley horses in the bottom of the arch in my foot at night while in bed. These occur frequently during the night which greatly interrupts my sleep. I have been on Flexeril for several months, but my doctor wants me to discontinue use ASAP. A few weeks ago, I realized that I had not had any cramps in my foot, so I discontinued the Flexeril. Within two days of no Flexeril, the cramps started up again.

Comment from: footpain, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

I have a small protrusion on the top of my foot. It appears to be near the intermediate cuneiform. The pain is not acute there, but runs down to the toe next to the big toe with severe burning and throbbing on that toe and pain less severe on the big toe. I treated it with a cold pack and 2 Advil. It finally subsided after 15 minutes and I was able to fall asleep. The first night this occurred I just used cold pack, the second I applied the above therapy. I golfed almost very day this summer and walked. I had some discomfort at the protrusion area but nothing like I experienced the last 2 nights.

Foot Pain - Cause Question: What caused your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Symptoms Question: What other symptoms did you have with your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Medical Treatment Question: What type of doctor or specialist did you go to for your foot pain? Please share your experience.
Foot Pain - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams and tests that you had to diagnose the source of your foot pain.
Foot Pain - Prevention Question: If you've previously suffered foot pain, what precautions would you make before starting a new exercise routine?