Patient Comments: Foot Pain - Cause

What caused your foot pain?

Comment from: Pamala, 55-64 (Patient) Published: April 01

After twisting my ankle, two months later I experienced terrible arch foot pain in both feet. I sought counsel from a podiatrist who prescribed inserts. The pain continued and I saw an internist who diagnosed plantar problems. This was the wrong diagnosis, since no x-rays or MRIs were done. Finally I went to a foot specialist who after x-rays and MRIs diagnosed edema on the HCL tendon. I had a cortisone shot which did not help. My pain continues when I stand for any length of time. I am 55 and I walked over 2 miles and swam three times a week before this incident. It is going on six months to no avail. I think it is important to have the correct diagnosis so you can proceed with the correct information.

Comment from: hanna, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I ran into my dog's foot and it split my pinkie and toe beside it at a great force. It bent them and he also stepped on the top of my foot. He is a 45-pound dog and a bit rough. I have thin feet and osteoporosis. The top of my foot and the two smaller toes immediately turned black and blue and were very painful. I could not walk without hobbling for a few days. I didn't go for an x-ray for two weeks as I figured there was nothing to be done but buddy tape. X-ray showed no break but a dislocation. I continue to have pain and numbness and tingling under my second to pinkie toe. The toe is misshapen and when I was walking at a fair a few days ago, I got a terrible pain in between those toes like a Charlie horse, and couldn't walk. I wonder if there is some kind of nerve or ligament damage, since it's been 10 weeks since the injury and I'm still having issues. It wasn't so bad with summer weather I could wear open shoes, but I can't wear a closed shoe without pain.

Comment from: PAM, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

In September 2012 I was grooming a horse and he used my ankle as a springboard when a tractor gave him a fright. The results where a broken inner ankle and a bad sprain on the outside of my foot. All seemed to heal well, but now I have what feels like stones in my foot near fourth and small toe, this is getting worse and worse and more painful

Foot Pain - Effective Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Symptoms Question: What other symptoms did you have with your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Medical Treatment Question: What type of doctor or specialist did you go to for your foot pain? Please share your experience.
Foot Pain - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams and tests that you had to diagnose the source of your foot pain.
Foot Pain - Prevention Question: If you've previously suffered foot pain, what precautions would you make before starting a new exercise routine?