Patient Comments: Foot Pain - Cause

What caused your foot pain?

Comment from: Donna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

The bottoms and the sides of my feet hurt constantly it seems. If I get up during the night, I can hardly walk. I no longer wear heels nor have I in several years. I mostly wear tennis shoes and not cheap tennis shoes. I've tried massaging my feet; wearing thicker socks; but it's not helping the foot pain. I have been thinking of going to a foot doctor.

Comment from: PAM, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

In September 2012 I was grooming a horse and he used my ankle as a springboard when a tractor gave him a fright. The results where a broken inner ankle and a bad sprain on the outside of my foot. All seemed to heal well, but now I have what feels like stones in my foot near fourth and small toe, this is getting worse and worse and more painful

Foot Pain - Effective Treatments Question: What treatments have been effective for your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Symptoms Question: What other symptoms did you have with your foot pain?
Foot Pain - Medical Treatment Question: What type of doctor or specialist did you go to for your foot pain? Please share your experience.
Foot Pain - Diagnosis Question: Describe the exams and tests that you had to diagnose the source of your foot pain.
Foot Pain - Prevention Question: If you've previously suffered foot pain, what precautions would you make before starting a new exercise routine?