Patient Comments: Food Poisoning - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your food poisoning?

Comment from: Nikkis, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I ate out for five days in a row and made bacon for breakfast, so as to what made me sick, the possibilities are endless. My brother and I went out for dinner. I got home at 8 pm and shortly started having intense, severe abdominal pain and nausea. I had a hard time throwing up, even though I knew it would have made me feel better. I also had a fever and terrible chills, very sweaty. By 3 am (I was awake all night with the awful stomach pain), I began vomiting aggressively all over the place. After that, I spent the rest of the night next to the toilet. That was all last night. I'm feeling slightly better now, keeping some food down.

Comment from: G123, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

At a dinner party we left early because I was feeling very tired. By midnight I was throwing up and had a mild fever, body aches, chills and abdominal pain. These food poisoning symptoms lasted for two days. After eating (soup and crackers) I had diarrhea followed by gas. The whole time I was feeling dehydrated but nothing went down easily (not even fluids). I was very sick for three whole days. All I wanted to do was sleep because I was miserable.

Comment from: judith, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 06

My symptom of food poisoning is throwing up 13 hours after I ate chicken in Cody's Roadhouse. I am still nauseous after 3 days. I was hospitalized.

Comment from: Food Poison Victim, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

The symptoms of my food poisoning were diarrhea, abdominal cramps, bloating, vomiting, chills, and headache. I felt horrible and it lasted 2 days. I drank water and other fluids, and slept a lot.

Comment from: haydee, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

My symptoms of food poisoning was severe recurrent abdominal pain increasing in severity. No bowel movement or nausea. There were occasional indications that I would vomit, but was not able to. Cause may be raw roast beef purchased two days ago and eaten late last night.

Comment from: charlie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 19

Symptoms included stomach cramps, watery diarrhea, and dizziness. I also experienced burping with a foul egg taste. The symptoms occurred about 12 hours after eating and lasted for 2 days. I still felt light headed and tired a few days after. I drank lots of Gatorade and water and ate bland foods so as not to upset my stomach during recovery. It occurred after I ate take-out ordered from a person's home. I will never do that again!

Comment from: Tarantulady, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

Two hours after eating (caused by either fried clams or strawberries or frozen yogurt) I almost instantly got a strange feeling of confusion and dizziness. I just sat there wondering and then suddenly began having almost purely-water diarrhea. The diarrhea was joined by strong vomiting about 2 hours in. The vomiting was uncontrollable for about 1 to 3 hours where I thought I'd choke! Every drop of water I drank came out. Twelve hours later, doctors for a shot of Tigan so I can drink. It's been 30 plus hours since onset, nausea is stopped (by drug) and diarrhea and bloating have continued. I think I'll never eat food again!

Comment from: kuzzi, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 12

I have serious pain in the bowel area, diarrhea, tingling feeling in fingers and toes, dizziness, and a serious headache; feeling really chilly all the time. Wonder what kind of food poisoning that is. I take ibuprofen which does block all symptoms but only for a couple of hours and then all starts again.

Food Poisoning - Treatment Question: What was your treatment, including medication, for food poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Causes Question: Do you know what caused your food poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with food poisoning.
Food Poisoning - Home Remedies Question: Please provide home remedies you've used to treat symptoms related to food poisoning.