Patient Comments: Food Poisoning - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your food poisoning?

Comment from: charlie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 19

Symptoms included stomach cramps, watery diarrhea, and dizziness. I also experienced burping with a foul egg taste. The symptoms occurred about 12 hours after eating and lasted for 2 days. I still felt light headed and tired a few days after. I drank lots of Gatorade and water and ate bland foods so as not to upset my stomach during recovery. It occurred after I ate take-out ordered from a person's home. I will never do that again!

Comment from: Tarantulady, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

Two hours after eating (caused by either fried clams or strawberries or frozen yogurt) I almost instantly got a strange feeling of confusion and dizziness. I just sat there wondering and then suddenly began having almost purely-water diarrhea. The diarrhea was joined by strong vomiting about 2 hours in. The vomiting was uncontrollable for about 1 to 3 hours where I thought I'd choke! Every drop of water I drank came out. Twelve hours later, doctors for a shot of Tigan so I can drink. It's been 30 plus hours since onset, nausea is stopped (by drug) and diarrhea and bloating have continued. I think I'll never eat food again!

Comment from: kuzzi, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: May 12

I have serious pain in the bowel area, diarrhea, tingling feeling in fingers and toes, dizziness, and a serious headache; feeling really chilly all the time. Wonder what kind of food poisoning that is. I take ibuprofen which does block all symptoms but only for a couple of hours and then all starts again.

Comment from: mahala61, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

Since Saturday I have had a lot of watery diarrhea followed by intense vomiting all day Saturday. The vomiting has stopped but the runs to the bathroom haven't. I ate a broccoli salad and I know it made me sick. It all came up on the first day for most of the day. I'm going into day 5 so I guess I need to go to the hospital. I have a terrible headache.

Comment from: DJ2014, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 11

I ate breakfast at a shelter and I left that morning. Then I start getting severe stomach cramps and then I started having diarrhea every 30 minutes to an hour. I even started burping up a bad odor even though I had brushed my teeth that morning.

Comment from: Linda, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

Diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and bloating.

Comment from: Vj, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I had stomach cramps then vomiting and diarrhea, sweats, shivers, and nausea over a few days.

Comment from: connie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I have vomiting and nausea also my stomach feels bloated. I am also dizzy.

Comment from: Linda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I have food poisoning and I have severe nausea, vomiting, chills and shivering, abdominal pain, headaches, and muscle pains.

Food Poisoning - Treatment Question: What was your treatment, including medication, for food poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Causes Question: Do you know what caused your food poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with food poisoning.
Food Poisoning - Home Remedies Question: Please provide home remedies you've used to treat symptoms related to food poisoning.