Patient Comments: Food Poisoning - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your food poisoning?

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 20

Wednesday, I had a double cheeseburger, fries, tea, and cappuccino. Thursday stomach never hurt so badly. I was nauseated all day. I could not hold down water. Bossman wouldn't stop calling, so I forced fluids in and I somehow forced myself into some clothes and in the car. I was finally able to hold down some cola syrup and I'm feeling better, but my stomach hurts a little.

Comment from: lilthickness36, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I have really bad abdominal pains, diarrhea, vomiting, chills, and I'm very weak... I am sick to my stomach really bad.

Published: June 16

I went to a pizza place last night for dinner. I ate pizza and a few hours later I woke up vomiting with watery stools. I was so weak, I can't explain it. Of everyone who ate the pizza, I was the sickest because I ate the most.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 13

Three days ago I flew home to Sweden from Paris. I felt fine, and went out drinking that night (excessively) with friends. I woke up the next morning with a fever, diarrhea, severe stomach cramps, and felt very weak. It got worse throughout the day and in the night I vomited, although this only occurred once while I was sick. I think it was either the drinking or the crap I ate at the airport (the sandwich was sitting there pre-made for God only knows how long). It took over 48 hours for the symptoms to begin to subside.

Comment from: 0-2 Male (Patient) Published: June 13

I have food poisoning and it is the worst feeling ever. Tuesday night I went to bed and was awaken by having bad gas and bloating feeling. Within no time I spend the rest of the evening throwing up every hour and have a loose stool at the same time. By Wednesday I still felt very weak and bad pains in my stomach I threw up one more time on Wednesday. I have stopped the vomiting and no loose stool and today Friday I feel better but still have pains in my stomach from throwing up so much and hard.

Comment from: akin2peter, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 10

The day before yesterday, my daughter and I went to a neighboring town for a trip to the zoo, the community pool and lunch at Arby's. Our lunch was the only thing we'd eaten in common in nearly a week. Within hours, I had awful abdominal gas. 12 hours later (in different households, mind you) we both had awful watery diarrhea and vomiting. Early yesterday morning we went to see our doctors and got gas medicine, antiemetics and diarrhea controlling meds. We slept the entire day yesterday and are exhausted with muscle pain and NO appetite today.

Comment from: Abbasway, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 09

My husband and I shared a sub purchased from a local chain restaurant. I only ate a small piece while he ate the rest. Shortly after, we both began having severe stomach cramping and pain, bloating and gas. I crushed up several cloves of garlic, simmered them in a little fresh olive oil and ate it along with cinnamon which helped. My husband would not eat them. He was up all night throwing up, cramping and diarrhea. His stomach seemed to get a little better until now, a week later. He came down with a migraine, diarrhea, fever, chills, shaking and cramping. It is his third day today and he is going to the local med center.

Comment from: Dodgegirl, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I got food poisoning a couple of weeks ago, GEE I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE that's how sick I was. Not real sure where I picked up the virus, ate out on a Thursday and Friday (Chinese and seafood). It started on Sunday night. I was vomiting and had diarrhea really bad. After 4 days I did go see a doctor because I was feeling very week, dizzy, diarrhea and vomiting. I was asked to give a stool sample and blood work. Results came back with campylobacter. It did clear up on its own. All I know is that I never felt sick like that in my life!

Food Poisoning - Treatment Question: What was your treatment, including medication, for food poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Causes Question: Do you know what caused your food poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with food poisoning.
Food Poisoning - Home Remedies Question: Please provide home remedies you've used to treat symptoms related to food poisoning.