Patient Comments: Food Poisoning - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your food poisoning?

Comment from: mahala61, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

Since Saturday I have had a lot of watery diarrhea followed by intense vomiting all day Saturday. The vomiting has stopped but the runs to the bathroom haven't. I ate a broccoli salad and I know it made me sick. It all came up on the first day for most of the day. I'm going into day 5 so I guess I need to go to the hospital. I have a terrible headache.

Comment from: DJ2014, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 11

I ate breakfast at a shelter and I left that morning. Then I start getting severe stomach cramps and then I started having diarrhea every 30 minutes to an hour. I even started burping up a bad odor even though I had brushed my teeth that morning.

Comment from: Linda, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

Diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and bloating.

Comment from: Vj, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I had stomach cramps then vomiting and diarrhea, sweats, shivers, and nausea over a few days.

Comment from: connie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I have vomiting and nausea also my stomach feels bloated. I am also dizzy.

Comment from: Linda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 28

I have food poisoning and I have severe nausea, vomiting, chills and shivering, abdominal pain, headaches, and muscle pains.

Comment from: 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 20

Wednesday, I had a double cheeseburger, fries, tea, and cappuccino. Thursday stomach never hurt so badly. I was nauseated all day. I could not hold down water. Bossman wouldn't stop calling, so I forced fluids in and I somehow forced myself into some clothes and in the car. I was finally able to hold down some cola syrup and I'm feeling better, but my stomach hurts a little.

Comment from: lilthickness36, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I have really bad abdominal pains, diarrhea, vomiting, chills, and I'm very weak... I am sick to my stomach really bad.

Published: June 16

I went to a pizza place last night for dinner. I ate pizza and a few hours later I woke up vomiting with watery stools. I was so weak, I can't explain it. Of everyone who ate the pizza, I was the sickest because I ate the most.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 13

Three days ago I flew home to Sweden from Paris. I felt fine, and went out drinking that night (excessively) with friends. I woke up the next morning with a fever, diarrhea, severe stomach cramps, and felt very weak. It got worse throughout the day and in the night I vomited, although this only occurred once while I was sick. I think it was either the drinking or the crap I ate at the airport (the sandwich was sitting there pre-made for God only knows how long). It took over 48 hours for the symptoms to begin to subside.

Food Poisoning - Treatment Question: What was your treatment, including medication, for food poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Causes Question: Do you know what caused your food poisoning?
Food Poisoning - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with food poisoning.
Food Poisoning - Home Remedies Question: Please provide home remedies you've used to treat symptoms related to food poisoning.