Food & Grocery Shopping Related Diseases & Conditions
You are reading this article to get healthier and help prevent disease. Our doctors have compiled a list of ailments related to Food & Grocery Shopping. The conditions and diseases listed below may be helped by the healthy lifestyle interventions outlined in the article.
Obesity is the state of being well above one's normal weight. A person has traditionally been
considered to be obese if they are...learn more »
In This Article
- Obesity facts
- What is obesity?
- How common is obesity?
- What are the health risks associated with obesity?
- What causes obesity?
- What are other factors associated with obesity?
- How is body fat measured?
- What about weight-for-height tables?
- What is the body mass index (BMI)?
- Does it matter where body fat is located? (Is it worse to be an "apple" or a
- What can be done about obesity?
- What is the role of physical activity and exercise in obesity?
- What is the role of diet in the treatment of obesity?
- What is the role of medication in the treatment of obesity?
- What about herbal fen/phen?
- What about meal substitutes, artificial sweeteners, and OTC products?
- What is the role of surgery in the treatment of obesity?
- How can patients choose a safe and successful weight-loss program?
Post-polio syndrome (PPS) is a group of signs and symptoms that show up two to four decades after the initial polio infection....learn more »
In This Article
Post-Polio Syndrome Article
- What is post-polio syndrome?
- What are the symptoms of post-polio syndrome?
- What causes post-polio syndrome?
- How is post-polio syndrome diagnosed?
- How is post-polio syndrome treated?
- What is the role of exercise in the treatment of post-polio syndrome?
- Can post-polio syndrome be prevented?
- What research is being conducted on post-polio syndrome?
- Where can I get more information?