Patient Comments: Food Allergy - Symptoms and Signs

What are the symptoms and signs of your food allergy?

Comment from: granny, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 24

My symptoms include swelling of the throat, lips and eyes. I also have difficulty breathing and sometimes experience an upset stomach.

Comment from: jesica conner, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I am 14 years old. I have been eating and drinking dairy products during my 14 years. Until this past year, everytime I eat dairy products . I feel feverish and my stomach hurts, and of course I throw up and can't stop. So I have been in hospital a couple of times due to drinking milk.

Comment from: Apples, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

Itching of tongue and throat, serious swelling of the tongue and mild in the throat, hives on the face and throat and mild abdominal pain. Apple allergy.

Food Allergy - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with a food allergy.
Food Allergy - Allergy Shots Question: Please discuss your experience with allergy shots in preventing or decreasing food allergies.
Food Allergy - Common Foods Question: What foods are you allergic to? Please share what happens when you eat the food and how you avoid it.
Food Allergy - Testing and Diagnosis Question: What types of tests and exams led to a food allergy diagnosis?
Food Allergy - Treatment Question: Do you receive medical treatment for your food allergy, or do you avoid the food? Please discuss your experience.