Patient Comments: Food Allergy - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with food allergy.

Published: June 30

My food allergies start when I eat very spicy Mexican food. First I get gas, then I hear loud noises in my stomach, then I have a severe itch somewhere on my body for a few minutes. Then I get this warm sensation through my body in waves, and my breathing slows down. It's a little hard to swallow.

Food Allergy - Symptoms Question: What are the symptoms of your food allergy?
Food Allergy - Allergy Shots Question: Please discuss your experience with allergy shots in preventing or decreasing food allergies.
Food Allergy - Common Foods Question: What foods are you allergic to? Please share what happens when you eat the food and how you avoid it.
Food Allergy - Diagnosis Question: What types of tests and exams led to a food allergy diagnosis?
Food Allergy - Treatment Question: Do you receive medical treatment for your food allergy or do you avoid the food? Please discuss your experience.