Patient Comments: Food Allergy - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with a food allergy.

Comment from: Prissy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

From 18-21 years. I had outrageous outbursts of hives, at first itchiness all over my entire face and scalp, and then hands. I scratched, rubbed, and bit my lip for comfort. When completely intolerable I would bathe in cooler water. I was astonished to not recognize my-self. My forehead was huge with no nose bridge! Nor eyelids. My top lip hung over my bottom. One big puff ball for two days, just like the movie hitch. I later found out it was mostly veggies, fruit, and wheat. Mid 20's not so allergic to food except when not cooked well.

Comment from: trsmith, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I have been allergic to eggs and peanuts since I was 2 years old. I am now allergic to milk to a certain extent. Latex and milk makes me break out. I cannot even touch the ingredients, or I break out and swell up.

Comment from: puzzled lady, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

When I eat any dairy product or foods combined with dairy, after an hour or two I get stomach pains and immediately run to the bathroom. Lately, I have been experiencing runny nose or have post nasal drip for a few days after having dairy. I also smell something unusual (not pleasant)from my nose and when I sniff it out a whitish jelly like substance comes out.

Comment from: Tinkbus33, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 26

I peeled a raw peach from its skin and ate it. I haven't had one in years, but I had no known problems before. Around an hour later, my hand went numb. Minutes later, I could barely breath, and my eyes burned. My eyes swelled shut and my nose ran. Now I know I have a food allergy to peaches!

Published: June 30

My food allergies start when I eat very spicy Mexican food. First I get gas, then I hear loud noises in my stomach, then I have a severe itch somewhere on my body for a few minutes. Then I get this warm sensation through my body in waves, and my breathing slows down. It's a little hard to swallow.

Food Allergy - Symptoms and Signs Question: What are the symptoms and signs of your food allergy?
Food Allergy - Allergy Shots Question: Please discuss your experience with allergy shots in preventing or decreasing food allergies.
Food Allergy - Common Foods Question: What foods are you allergic to? Please share what happens when you eat the food and how you avoid it.
Food Allergy - Testing and Diagnosis Question: What types of tests and exams led to a food allergy diagnosis?
Food Allergy - Treatment Question: Do you receive medical treatment for your food allergy, or do you avoid the food? Please discuss your experience.