Patient Comments: Folliculitis - Diagnosis

How was your folliculitis diagnosed?

Comment from: billy w., 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 16

I have suffered with folliculitis most of my life, though only on my scalp/crown area. I have found Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner from Holland & Barrett to be fantastic -- it takes away all of the itching and seems to stop the constant flare-ups. I leave the conditioner on for about five minutes to give it time to work.

Comment from: Hapamom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I started out with folliculitis on my buttocks which went away after a few weeks. Later I developed it on my neck, chest, and back. It became painful and itchy leaving flaking scars and welts. I was recently diagnosed by my dermatologist. Since my folliculitis is fungal I am using an anti fungal gel for 2 weeks and then as needed. They also asked me to use dandruff shampoo as a body wash once a week. My skin is difficult to manage since I already suffer from eczema. I dance and go to the gym a lot and the sweating makes it worse. I've been getting treatment for one week. I hope to see more improvement soon.

Comment from: maggiemay, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

My folliculitis was determined by having a biopsy because my dermatologist thought it may be a basal cell carcinoma (BCC) or a cyst. It appeared on my forehead as a raised white bump with a fine blood vessel below. She thought the bump and blood vessel was a classic BCC. I had this bump for approximately 6 months before the biopsy. It remained the same size for that time period. The biopsy literally removed the bump.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

My wife has been diagnosed with folliculitis around her genitalia, inner thighs, and buttocks. After using the prescribed treatments there was no change. She then went to a dermatologist to find out she was misdiagnosed and she actually had "Molluscum contagiosum." The dermatologist then used liquid nitrogen to freeze off the blisters/bumps and has had several treatments to prevent new ones and spreading. The treatments are working well and are almost done.

Folliculitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with folliculitis.
Folliculitis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your folliculitis?
Folliculitis - Prognosis Question: What is your folliculitis prognosis?