Patient Comments: Folliculitis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with folliculitis.

Comment from: 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: December 30

I have been suffering from Folliculitis for several years now. My rash first started on my chest and spread to my back, arms, and legs. I started getting large bumps on my arms and realized that it was cellulitis, so I finally went to the doctor. Although mine is one of the rarer cases that can't be cured, medication is showing a bit of improvement. The inflammation has not gone away but it's not as bad.

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I have had this condition for about 2 years now. I have been given many creams and nothing has worked. I have now been given a course of antibiotics, but from reading everyones experiences nothing seems to work! I just want it to go away it's very depressing!

Comment from: smlaughlin, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 16

I'm 21 years old and have had folliculitis since I was 12. I never really understood what it was because I also have eczema, so I always used to think they were kind of the same thing. Now that I'm a little bit older it has gotten much worse. I have it all over my arms and thighs. I won't wear short sleeves or shorts because of my folliculitis and I hate wearing a swim suit. Whenever I do, someone always asks me what is wrong with my skin. This condition is honestly the worse ever. I wish someone could help.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 09

At first a small pimple like bump was noticed under the skin about one inch away from my anus. It remained for many months without pain. Recently it developed as a big hard lump under the skin and very painful when pressed.

Comment from: moola32265, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 06

I have very severe boils all the time on the butt and inside of my thighs. I have tried meds from my doctor, but nothing helps. I have also tried salt baths and bleach in my bathwater. Nothing helps.

Comment from: pudding, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

I have had this for 2-3 months and all I thought it was me suffering from spots, but then they started looking horrible and it was all over my chest I had it on my legs. I have had 3 books of tablets and 2 lots of creams now I am on some new tablets which with my fingers crossed will help the worse bit in all this is when they came on my face. The best thing I use is an aquas cream. I put it on all the time and it helps. Hopefully next month I will go out round town with out worrying about looking like a spotty freak.

Comment from: Mazi, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I have folliculitis on my cheeks and it is very painful. I am embarrassed because my complexion is light (African American) and the patches on my face are black. What can I do to ease the pain and fade the discoloration?

Comment from: 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 26

I went to the dermatologist last week because I had an irritated scalp for quite awhile. My hairdresser said it looked like pimples. The doctor said they are pimples; infected hair follicles. She gave me prescription antibiotic foam to use twice a day for two weeks. It's called "evoclin". Of course, it took out all of my hair coloring. Now I'm a bright blonde! It dissolves right in and isn't sticky.

Folliculitis - Diagnosis Question: How was your folliculitis diagnosed?
Folliculitis - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your folliculitis?
Folliculitis - Prognosis Question: What is your folliculitis prognosis?