- Schizophrenia Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Schizophrenia Quiz
- Physical Symptoms of Depression Slideshow
- What is fluphenazine-oral, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for fluphenazine-oral?
- Is fluphenazine-oral available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for fluphenazine-oral?
- What are the side effects of fluphenazine-oral?
- What is the dosage for fluphenazine-oral?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with fluphenazine-oral?
- Is fluphenazine-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about fluphenazine-oral?
Is fluphenazine-oral safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
Safe and effective use of fluphenazine is not established in pregnant females; however, it should be avoided to prevent harm to the unborn.
Fluphenazine enters breast milk; therefore, it should be avoided in females who are nursing.
What else should I know about fluphenazine-oral?
What preparations of fluphenazine-oral are available?
Oral elixir: 2.5 mg/5 ml. Oral solution: 5 mg/ml. Tablets: 1, 2.5, 5, and 10 mg.
How should I keep fluphenazine-oral stored?
Fluphenazine tablets, oral elixir, and oral solution should be stored between 20 C and 25 C (68 F and 77 F).
Medically reviewed by John P. Cunha, DO, FACOEP
FDA Prescribing Information.
Quick GuideSchizophrenia: Symptoms, Types, Causes, Treatment
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.