- What is fluoxetine, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for fluoxetine?
- Is fluoxetine available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for fluoxetine?
- What are the side effects of fluoxetine?
- What is the dosage for fluoxetine?
- Is fluoxetine safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about fluoxetine?
Is fluoxetine safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
Fluoxetine is excreted in breast milk. Therefore, use of fluoxetine while nursing is not recommended.
What else should I know about fluoxetine?
What preparations of fluoxetine are available?
Capsules: 10, 20 and 40 mg. Capsules (delayed release): 90 mg. Tablets: 10, 20 and 60 mg. Oral suspension: 20 mg/5ml
How should I keep fluoxetine stored?
Fluoxetine should be stored at room temperature 15 C to 30 C (59 F to 86 F).
Reference: FDA Prescribing Information
Quick GuidePhysical Symptoms of Depression in Pictures
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.