- What is fluoxetine, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for fluoxetine?
- Is fluoxetine available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for fluoxetine?
- What are the side effects of fluoxetine?
- What is the dosage for fluoxetine?
- Is fluoxetine safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about fluoxetine?
What is the dosage for fluoxetine?
: Depression in adults is treated with 20-80 mg of fluoxetine daily. The recommended dose for treating depression in children is 10-20 mg daily. After 13 weeks of daily administration, 90 mg once weekly may be effective in some patients.
Quick GuidePhysical Symptoms of Depression in Pictures
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.