SIDE EFFECTS: The most common side effects of flunisolide are:
- nasal irritation and itching,
- nausea or
- sore throat,
- nasal congestion,
- flu-like symptoms,
- nasal burning,
- unpleasant taste,
- bloody nasal discharge, and
- nasal dryness.
Other adverse effects include:
GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes
PREPARATIONS: Nasal spray: 0.025 mg or 0.029 mg/spray. Oral Inhaler: 80 mcg/actuation.
STORAGE: Flnisolide should be stored at room temperature between 15 C - 30 C (59 F - 86 F) and should be protected from heat, and direct light.
DOSING: The canister should be shaken before each use.
- For adults, the usual starting dose is two sprays in each nostril twice daily. The dose may be increased to 3 or 4 times per day.
- In children ages 6-14 years, the usual starting dose is one spray in each nostril three times per day or two sprays in each nostril twice daily.
- The adult dose for treating asthma is 2 inhalations twice daily not to exceed 8 inhalations per day.
- The children's dose for treating asthma is 2 inhalations twice daily.
Quick GuideBad Bugs: Identify Bug Bites From Mosquitos, Spiders and More
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.