- 10 Common Allergy Triggers Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Quiz on Allergies
- Nasal Allergy Relief Products Slideshow
- What is flunisolide nasal spray, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for flunisolide nasal spray?
- Is flunisolide nasal spray available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for flunisolide nasal spray?
- What are the side effects of flunisolide nasal spray?
- What is the dosage for flunisolide nasal spray?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with flunisolide nasal spray?
- Is flunisolide nasal spray safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about flunisolide nasal spray?
What is the dosage for flunisolide nasal spray?
The canister should be shaken before each use.
- For adults, the usual starting dose is two sprays in each nostril twice daily. The dose may be increased to 3 or 4 times per day.
- In children ages 6-14 years, the usual starting dose is one spray in each nostril three times per day or two sprays in each nostril twice daily.
- The adult dose for treating asthma is 2 inhalations twice daily not to exceed 8 inhalations per day.
- The children's dose for treating asthma is 2 inhalations twice daily.
Which drugs or supplements interact with flunisolide nasal spray?
No drug interactions have been described with nasal flunisolide
Quick GuideBad Bugs: Identify Bug Bites From Mosquitos, Spiders and More
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.