Patient Comments: Flu Vaccination - Side Effects

Did you have any side effects from your flu vaccination?

A Doctor's View on Flu Shot Side Effects

Read the Comment by Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD

Some people believe that they can get the flu from receiving the flu shot, but this is not the case. For most people, the risks of contracting the flu are far greater than any risks associated with the vaccine. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: DanielleM, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I had a tumor in my middle ear that deteriorated 2 of the 3 hearing bones and I now have tinnitus. The ringing is so bad and even worse at night. It is a high pitched obnoxious sound that gets worse when I have a migraine, which is also a new symptom since my removal of the tumor. I would love to know what I can take other than valium or put a fan on.

Comment from: T.C, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I have tinnitus. There are two sounds, one is a sharp high pitched sound and the other is a humming like that of a refrigerator. I sometimes experience dizziness. I also sometimes experience a weird sensation while driving, actually when I have stopped the vehicle it is like I am still going. I can actually see the ground move like a conveyor belt, but I know I have stopped the vehicle. My tinnitus keeps me from falling asleep like normal people, so I have to go to bed earlier. It takes me an hour to an hour and a half to fall asleep. It is very annoying, I hope there is help for my case.

Comment from: genious, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

I have found a solution to pinworms in kids. The secret of getting rid or reducing the numbers of them are honey and lemon Lockets dissolved in a low fat fizzy pop and it actually works. It is the best night's sleep I have had in ages.

Comment from: Betty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I heard a roaring in my left ear for a few seconds. Ear now has a strange sensation and I feel kind of light headed.

Comment from: Mary, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I very rarely have a cold or flu but I was persuaded to have a flu vaccination on 12th January. A few days later I started coughing. It got worse until by 5th February I was coughing and sneezing violently, my head was heavy and nose running. Today I feel more ill than I have ever done in my life.

Comment from: bw47, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I woke up about 1:15 to go to the bathroom. I had trouble getting out of bed. When I stood up I was extremely dizzy, causing me to have difficulty walking. I made it to the toilet, fell asleep there for a few minutes, and when I tried to get up I fell backwards back onto the toilet. I did finally get back up and back to bed. I had some mild nausea but didn't throw up. This morning I felt better, a little disoriented and unsteady, but better. I am caring for my 5 month old great-granddaughter so this really worries me that it might happen again while I am watching her.

Comment from: Candia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I have pain in my right hip area mostly at nights or when I am not active.

Comment from: martha, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

They removed my pancreas and left only the head and I have a tumor. Right now I am in a lot of pain. I have asthma due to second hand smoke and they gave me prednisone. They told me my pancreas failed and removed my spleen, part of my stomach, intestines and I am getting worse.

Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the flu shot.