Patient Comments: Flu Vaccination - Side Effects

Did you have any side effects from your flu vaccination?

A Doctor's View on Flu Shot Side Effects

Read the Comment by Melissa Conrad Stöppler, MD

Some people believe that they can get the flu from receiving the flu shot, but this is not the case. For most people, the risks of contracting the flu are far greater than any risks associated with the vaccine. Read the entire Doctor's View

Comment from: mountain girl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

I have been dealing with hyponatremia since 1993 and at first it was from drinking gallons of water. It has never stopped over time. Once I was at 125 although it took a week to get there. Eating salt doesn't fix it. I have to quit drinking to 4 cups per day or add electrolytes. I don't urinate in the day but watch out, at night I will be up 5 times. The only extremities that swell are my eyelids, gums, and belly. My blood sodium is always about 132, so it doesn't take much to spill the cart. I get tired, muscle fatigue, can't remember things, or slow reactions, I sit down and fall right to sleep. Many times I get cold too. I exercise weekly but I can't get my muscles to work at all. I get sore when I do. No one ever gives me a reason. I have inter-connective autoimmune hypothyroidism, and had hepatitis C which has been non-detectable due to Rebetron therapy since 2000. It started after I was diagnosed with it. Wish someone could help me. I go up and down the scale 6 lb at a time. My urine is nice colored so I can't be dehydrated. Hope this helps.

Comment from: leelas, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have no discharge, no odor, but I have intense itching on my vagina with rash {bumps} from scratching, and I burn when urinating and there is swelling. At first we thought it was a yeast infection, but the medicine hasn't cleared it up. I wonder what else could cause this vaginal infection.

Comment from: DanielleM, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I had a tumor in my middle ear that deteriorated 2 of the 3 hearing bones and I now have tinnitus. The ringing is so bad and even worse at night. It is a high pitched obnoxious sound that gets worse when I have a migraine, which is also a new symptom since my removal of the tumor. I would love to know what I can take other than valium or put a fan on.

Comment from: T.C, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I have tinnitus. There are two sounds, one is a sharp high pitched sound and the other is a humming like that of a refrigerator. I sometimes experience dizziness. I also sometimes experience a weird sensation while driving, actually when I have stopped the vehicle it is like I am still going. I can actually see the ground move like a conveyor belt, but I know I have stopped the vehicle. My tinnitus keeps me from falling asleep like normal people, so I have to go to bed earlier. It takes me an hour to an hour and a half to fall asleep. It is very annoying, I hope there is help for my case.

Comment from: genious, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

I have found a solution to pinworms in kids. The secret of getting rid or reducing the numbers of them are honey and lemon Lockets dissolved in a low fat fizzy pop and it actually works. It is the best night's sleep I have had in ages.

Comment from: bw47, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 21

I woke up about 1:15 to go to the bathroom. I had trouble getting out of bed. When I stood up I was extremely dizzy, causing me to have difficulty walking. I made it to the toilet, fell asleep there for a few minutes, and when I tried to get up I fell backwards back onto the toilet. I did finally get back up and back to bed. I had some mild nausea but didn't throw up. This morning I felt better, a little disoriented and unsteady, but better. I am caring for my 5 month old great-granddaughter so this really worries me that it might happen again while I am watching her.

Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the flu shot.