Patient Comments: Flu Vaccination - Side Effects

Did you have any side effects from your flu vaccination?

Comment from: Ikus, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 26

I had never experienced any pains before I got married but after marriage I found out my wife had staph. I went for a test and it was observed that I have pus and E.coli in my sperm. I have treated it but have serious pains in my right hip that I experience down to my toes.

Comment from: abob, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation about six years ago. I had no symptoms, it was caught on an EKG. I also have been diagnosed with blockage within the heart itself. However, I had no symptoms whatsoever until a few months ago when I started wearing a heart rate monitor during exercise. I am a fitness instructor and prior to that my heart rate the last 30 years has been around 60 consistently. My resting heart rate jumped to around 100. I went to a cardiologist who told me that it is normal for patients with atrial fibrillation. I do not take any medications, but watch my diet and continue to exercise 1 to 2 hours per day. The cardiologist suggested I take a blood thinner, but I have heard so many negative things about that. I have no symptoms other than my heart rate increase, during intense exercise, my heart rate reaches 160 plus.

Comment from: leelas, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have no discharge, no odor, but I have intense itching on my vagina with rash {bumps} from scratching, and I burn when urinating and there is swelling. At first we thought it was a yeast infection, but the medicine hasn't cleared it up. I wonder what else could cause this vaginal infection.

Comment from: DanielleM, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I had a tumor in my middle ear that deteriorated 2 of the 3 hearing bones and I now have tinnitus. The ringing is so bad and even worse at night. It is a high pitched obnoxious sound that gets worse when I have a migraine, which is also a new symptom since my removal of the tumor. I would love to know what I can take other than valium or put a fan on.

Comment from: T.C, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I have tinnitus. There are two sounds, one is a sharp high pitched sound and the other is a humming like that of a refrigerator. I sometimes experience dizziness. I also sometimes experience a weird sensation while driving, actually when I have stopped the vehicle it is like I am still going. I can actually see the ground move like a conveyor belt, but I know I have stopped the vehicle. My tinnitus keeps me from falling asleep like normal people, so I have to go to bed earlier. It takes me an hour to an hour and a half to fall asleep. It is very annoying, I hope there is help for my case.

Comment from: genious, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

I have found a solution to pinworms in kids. The secret of getting rid or reducing the numbers of them are honey and lemon Lockets dissolved in a low fat fizzy pop and it actually works. It is the best night's sleep I have had in ages.

Comment from: Betty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I heard a roaring in my left ear for a few seconds. Ear now has a strange sensation and I feel kind of light headed.

Comment from: Mary, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I very rarely have a cold or flu but I was persuaded to have a flu vaccination on 12th January. A few days later I started coughing. It got worse until by 5th February I was coughing and sneezing violently, my head was heavy and nose running. Today I feel more ill than I have ever done in my life.

Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the flu shot.