Patient Comments: Flu Vaccination - Side Effects

Did you have any side effects from your flu vaccination?

Comment from: Angie, 45-54 Female Published: February 03

I have currently been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. They may want me to do a spinal tap. I just want to know the risk because my specialist told me it was a bad idea and now may want to do the spinal tap.

Comment from: purdylady773, 55-64 Female Published: January 29

For osteoporosis I am working on strengthening my bones by doing weight walking with a weighted vest made for women. I am also eating a very clean diet, lots of greens, vitamin A, C, and B, all the vitamins. But I eat them in food as this way they are better absorbed by my body. And I am taking foods with vitamin K2 such as butter by Kerrygold from Ireland which is from grass fed cows and full of vitamin K2. So far my doctor said to keep it up. My bones are getting stronger and I feel stronger.

Comment from: Maggy, 45-54 Female Published: January 29

I went through IVF (in vitro fertilization) and got pregnant. I went for an ultrasound at 7 weeks and there was a heartbeat. At 9 weeks I went for another ultrasound and there was no longer a heartbeat. It was such a sad feeling. I decided to have a D and C instead of miscarrying on my own at home.

Comment from: Dee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I believe that I got pityriasis rosea from my flu shot in November 2015. It is a rash that begins with a few raised quarter-size red bumps that I first thought were spider bites. In a few weeks those spots appeared to look like ringworm and several smaller spots appeared mainly front and back torso and to a lesser extent on the arms and legs lasting for at least a few weeks before it regresses on its own with the spots fading. I am considering not getting the flu shot again unless I have to.

Comment from: Terry, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 31

I got the Fluzone quadrivalent shot on November 9th. It is now December 30th and am still dealing with adverse effects. I have every symptom of chronic fatigue syndrome. None of those symptoms were present prior to my vaccination. Most sad thing about all this is, the only reason I got the vaccine was because my new job I landed at a hospital mandated it. Now I am on a leave of absence from this very same job due to a shot that was forced on me. I was given no option to wear a mask otherwise I gladly would've preferred it over this torture.

Comment from: Sherry, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 29

I had the flu vaccine on October 9th, 2015. I am required to take the flu shot because I am a nurse. I have taken the flu vaccine for many years. I am a very healthy person and have only had a few mild illnesses in my life. Three or four days after receiving the vaccine, I became sick with fever, and had severe cold intolerance, body pain, sore throat, swollen neck glands and extreme fatigue. I was given a Z-Pak. None of the symptoms were relieved. I struggled to work with being out multiple times. On November the 9th I was signed out on FMLA (family medical leave) by my medical provider. I have seen 5 doctors. Only one of them thinks it could be flu shot related. During all the multiple blood tests that included Lyme's, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, rheumatoid studies, low iodine was found as well as high levels of alpha-gal and a reactive Epstein Barr. Today is December 26, 2.5 months later, and I wake up this morning with all the same symptoms. I am having extreme cold intolerance and body pain and fatigue. I am convinced that the flu shot triggered this illness. I have not had one day without these symptoms since getting the flu vaccine. I feel desperate to recover and get on with my life.

Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the flu shot.