Patient Comments: Flu Vaccination - Side Effects

Did you have any side effects from your flu vaccination?

Comment from: Candia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I have pain in my right hip area mostly at nights or when I am not active.

Comment from: Betty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I heard a roaring in my left ear for a few seconds. Ear now has a strange sensation and I feel kind of light headed.

Comment from: Mary, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I very rarely have a cold or flu but I was persuaded to have a flu vaccination on 12th January. A few days later I started coughing. It got worse until by 5th February I was coughing and sneezing violently, my head was heavy and nose running. Today I feel more ill than I have ever done in my life.

Comment from: Angie, 45-54 Female Published: February 03

I have currently been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. They may want me to do a spinal tap. I just want to know the risk because my specialist told me it was a bad idea and now may want to do the spinal tap.

Comment from: purdylady773, 55-64 Female Published: January 29

For osteoporosis I am working on strengthening my bones by doing weight walking with a weighted vest made for women. I am also eating a very clean diet, lots of greens, vitamin A, C, and B, all the vitamins. But I eat them in food as this way they are better absorbed by my body. And I am taking foods with vitamin K2 such as butter by Kerrygold from Ireland which is from grass fed cows and full of vitamin K2. So far my doctor said to keep it up. My bones are getting stronger and I feel stronger.

Comment from: Maggy, 45-54 Female Published: January 29

I went through IVF (in vitro fertilization) and got pregnant. I went for an ultrasound at 7 weeks and there was a heartbeat. At 9 weeks I went for another ultrasound and there was no longer a heartbeat. It was such a sad feeling. I decided to have a D and C instead of miscarrying on my own at home.

Comment from: Dee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I believe that I got pityriasis rosea from my flu shot in November 2015. It is a rash that begins with a few raised quarter-size red bumps that I first thought were spider bites. In a few weeks those spots appeared to look like ringworm and several smaller spots appeared mainly front and back torso and to a lesser extent on the arms and legs lasting for at least a few weeks before it regresses on its own with the spots fading. I am considering not getting the flu shot again unless I have to.

Comment from: Terry, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 31

I got the Fluzone quadrivalent shot on November 9th. It is now December 30th and am still dealing with adverse effects. I have every symptom of chronic fatigue syndrome. None of those symptoms were present prior to my vaccination. Most sad thing about all this is, the only reason I got the vaccine was because my new job I landed at a hospital mandated it. Now I am on a leave of absence from this very same job due to a shot that was forced on me. I was given no option to wear a mask otherwise I gladly would've preferred it over this torture.

Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the flu shot.