Patient Comments: Flu Vaccination - Side Effects

Did you have any side effects from your flu vaccination?

Comment from: DanielleM, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I had a tumor in my middle ear that deteriorated 2 of the 3 hearing bones and I now have tinnitus. The ringing is so bad and even worse at night. It is a high pitched obnoxious sound that gets worse when I have a migraine, which is also a new symptom since my removal of the tumor. I would love to know what I can take other than valium or put a fan on.

Comment from: T.C, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I have tinnitus. There are two sounds, one is a sharp high pitched sound and the other is a humming like that of a refrigerator. I sometimes experience dizziness. I also sometimes experience a weird sensation while driving, actually when I have stopped the vehicle it is like I am still going. I can actually see the ground move like a conveyor belt, but I know I have stopped the vehicle. My tinnitus keeps me from falling asleep like normal people, so I have to go to bed earlier. It takes me an hour to an hour and a half to fall asleep. It is very annoying, I hope there is help for my case.

Comment from: genious, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

I have found a solution to pinworms in kids. The secret of getting rid or reducing the numbers of them are honey and lemon Lockets dissolved in a low fat fizzy pop and it actually works. It is the best night's sleep I have had in ages.

Comment from: Betty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I heard a roaring in my left ear for a few seconds. Ear now has a strange sensation and I feel kind of light headed.

Comment from: Mary, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I very rarely have a cold or flu but I was persuaded to have a flu vaccination on 12th January. A few days later I started coughing. It got worse until by 5th February I was coughing and sneezing violently, my head was heavy and nose running. Today I feel more ill than I have ever done in my life.

Comment from: Angie, 45-54 Female Published: February 03

I have currently been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. They may want me to do a spinal tap. I just want to know the risk because my specialist told me it was a bad idea and now may want to do the spinal tap.

Comment from: purdylady773, 55-64 Female Published: January 29

For osteoporosis I am working on strengthening my bones by doing weight walking with a weighted vest made for women. I am also eating a very clean diet, lots of greens, vitamin A, C, and B, all the vitamins. But I eat them in food as this way they are better absorbed by my body. And I am taking foods with vitamin K2 such as butter by Kerrygold from Ireland which is from grass fed cows and full of vitamin K2. So far my doctor said to keep it up. My bones are getting stronger and I feel stronger.

Comment from: Maggy, 45-54 Female Published: January 29

I went through IVF (in vitro fertilization) and got pregnant. I went for an ultrasound at 7 weeks and there was a heartbeat. At 9 weeks I went for another ultrasound and there was no longer a heartbeat. It was such a sad feeling. I decided to have a D and C instead of miscarrying on my own at home.

Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the flu shot.