Patient Comments: Flu Vaccination - Side Effects

Did you have any side effects of your flu vaccination?

Comment from: Angela, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I received a flu shot 7 weeks ago in my right arm and had a tetanus shot in my left arm. Now seven weeks later I still have a lump at the site of the flu injection with lots of soreness and pain. Quoting the nurse, “I'll give the tetanus shot in your left arm because the flu shot won't affect your right arm.” I have never had an injection site that caused so much pain and lasted for such a long time.

Comment from: SM, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I had the flu shot and shingles shot on the same day. The next day I woke up with severe dizziness that lasted 24 hours.

Comment from: Sore throat, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I received the flu jab back in 2006 and 2007 around October/November. Both years in December I ended up with tonsillitis and border line strep throat. I have never prior to 2006 experienced tonsillitis. I have never since 2007 got it again and I have never took the flu jab either.

Comment from: Emmy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I had flu shot on September 30th and I still have muscle pain on October 7th. It appears to travel around the area.

Comment from: Amanda Cook, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I was 9 weeks pregnant and got the flu shot and my baby died. Then I got red and had rashes.

Comment from: Momof4, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I got the flu shot for the first time and by the end of the day my knees were in so much pain. It's now been 2 days since receiving the flu shot and I can barely walk. I'm not sure if it's related to the flu shot but I haven't been in this much pain! I know I have early signs of arthritis in my knees but it's never been this painful since receiving the flu shot.

Comment from: Schmdley, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 08

I had the standard adult (I am 80) flu shot, and it hurts after an hour. This is not a problem for me, the flu is worse.

Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the flu shot.