Patient Comments: Flu Vaccination - Side Effects

Did you have any side effects of your flu vaccination?

Comment from: dmd, Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I had the flu shot on Tuesday, Oct 30th and had no side effects that day. When I got up on Wednesday I was fine but within an hour or so I had neck and pain between my shoulders. I still have it today.

Comment from: sick as a dog!, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I've gotten a flu shot for 20 years with no problems. This year I've been sick as a dog for two weeks. Exhausted, terrible chills, lymph nodes are swollen and my throat is so sore I can barely swallow. I finally went to urgent care yesterday. The first thing the doctor asked me was "have you had a flu shot?" He said he was sick for 2 days after he got his (he was a big, strong young guy). I asked how this is possible since it's a killed virus. He said they have no explanation for it but they're seeing a lot of it. No flu shot for me ever again after this experience. I'll take my chances. I feel like this is never going to go away!

Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with flu shot.