Patient Comments: Flu Vaccination - Side Effects

Did you have any side effects of your flu vaccination?

Comment from: Krammes, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 17

I have soreness and pain with movement in arm where vaccine was given at the time of shot, and lasting for over a month now. Will it ever resolve! And how!

Comment from: Tigger, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

The people that are ministering the flu shot are injecting to high and the needle are hitting sensitive areas in the shoulder. When I've gotten them years before my arm ached a little. A nurse also said the same thing about Walgreens that they injected her too high and now she's dealing with shoulder pain. She got an MRI and found out she has a shoulder injury.

Comment from: sundownlady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 14

I just had my flu shot today and all of a sudden my nose is running. Three years ago I didn't get my flu shot and spent over 8 months getting rid of all my flu symptoms. The worse symptom being that my right ear didn't drain for six months. I'll keep an eye on my runny nose, but I am very happy that I got the flu shot!

Comment from: Portlandnative, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I'm experiencing body aches, fever and fatigue after receiving flu shot, believe it or not, is a good thing! This means your immune system is working to create the antibodies. Just like when you are sick or have an infection and you get tired, it's because your immune system has been pushed into overdrive. I would be concerned if someone had no symptoms at all. And if you get a sinus infection or some other sickness after receiving the flu shot, it is not from the flu shot. It's because your immune system was busy building the antibodies and you had something else invade your system that your immune system couldn't fight off while it's busy doing something else. That is why after receiving flu shot, I'm always extra careful about hand washing and staying away from sick people, you are much more likely to get sick.

Comment from: Beni, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 23

I got my flu shot yesterday and other than my injection site being a little sore, I feel great!

Comment from: marjorie, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

I had my flu shot on Monday, February 3, and by the time I got home that same night, I had the chills, and the next day I started to feel sick. This was the worst flu, or reaction to it. It"s now Sunday and I just barely started to feel better.

Comment from: Farm mom, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

On day two after my flu vaccine, I had muscle aches, was tired and had a headache; not severe, but enough to go to bed early.

Comment from: Lori, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I had a flu shot on October 22 and have had arm/shoulder pain ever since. I've also had headaches off and on (I very rarely experience headaches). I get a flu shot every year and have never had problems, still not sure if this is something to worry about.

Comment from: Emmie, Female (Caregiver) Published: November 18

My 13 year old got his flu shot, and he was aching, sore, felt sick to his stomach, vomited, fainted twice, and had a terrible headache. He is feeling better after 48 hours, but it has been a tough two days.

Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with the flu shot.