Patient Comments: Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience

Please describe your experience with the flu shot.

Comment from: Suzy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

On October 1 I had the flu jab and in a few hours my arm was so stiff and painful I couldn't lift it. For 3 days after I had a fever and just slept. My arm took over a week to get better. From day 4 I was being jolted awake around 4 times a night and hallucinating. This continued for around 4 weeks. It was very frightening. My doctor said he thought I had a very toxic reaction to the jab. This seems to have diminished now but I have tingling all over my body and get very dizzy at times. Some nights I lay awake and my whole body feels alive as every nerve seems to be on edge even my face and mouth. I don't know how long this is going to last. I definitely won't be having any more flu jabs. I have had them for over 10 years but never had any problems before and I haven't got any other health problems.

Comment from: Pattimac, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 24

I have had a severe headache for 2 days since taking my flu shot. The frustrating thing is we are mandated to take it at my work place. I'm going to refuse it next year.

Comment from: pwhitewhite, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 23

I received the flu shot on October 30, 2015. The day after, I started having muscle and joint pain all over my body. But the pain was the worst in my legs. I was taking Tylenol with no relief. The pain was so bad I couldn't sleep at times. After 12 days the pain decreased. I'm still having muscle pain in my legs at times. I get flu shot every year for the last 29 years but I have never experienced side effects before.

Comment from: Gramma, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 20

For years, I've been taking flu shots with no problem till this year. Within about ten days of my shot, I began to experience extreme shortness of breath, weakness, and atrial fibrillation. I am quite anemic, never a problem before. I am wondering if the flu shot was loaded with something else (I am a Kaiser person). I'm still not better.

Comment from: jenle, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

This is the second time I have gotten a flu shot. I got it around October 20th. I have been in pain ever since. I have fatigue and constant joint and back pain. I wish I had not gotten it. I am hoping the joint pain ends soon; and wondering if it will worsen.

Comment from: shily3136, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 16

I received the flu vaccine in October of 2015 and have not felt well since. I am experiencing a daily low grade fever, have no energy, and have a chronic sore throat, sinus congestion, and wheezing in my lungs. I have refused the flu vaccine for a few years even though it is mandatory to have it working as a nurse in a hospital. I got tired of wearing a mask for months so decided to have a flu vaccine. Last year no side effects, this year I am miserable and know without a doubt it is from the flu vaccine.

Comment from: sandy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

I had a flu shot on Tuesday morning. Within 3 hours, I had a severe sore throat, tightness in my chest, very scary, headache, and fatigue. I don't think I will ever get a flu shot again. I'm still very tired and have a mild sore throat and cough.

Flu Vaccination - Side Effects Question: Did you have any side effects from your flu vaccination?