Patient Comments: Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience

Please describe your experience with flu shot.

Comment from: redriffboy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I'm 74 years old and never had a flu shot before. Ten days after the shot, I started with severe pain in my left foot, left knee, right wrist and left thumb joint. Now right hand is totally incapacitated due to swelling and left knee is painful, but shows no swelling but is so sensitive I can't trust my weight on it! Along with all this, I have chills, sweats, nausea and sore throat. First and last flu shot for me!

Comment from: Rosalie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I wanted to receive my 2013 flu shot early this year, as I was too late last year. Now I wish I never got it. Seven hours after the injection I started with a fever and severe chills for 12 hours, a horrible headache for 3 days, body aches and burning eyes. I am on my fourth day and still in my robe. I will never get a flu shot again.

Comment from: Dorothy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

I had the flu shot about four weeks ago. Last week I had chills and ran a low grade fever, I have that again today on Monday.

Comment from: Connie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 08

I was given the flu vaccine just over a week ago. I have had the flu jab every year due to my job but this is the first time I have had any noticeable side effects. The day after my jab I had limited movement in my neck and I still have limited movement but I am hoping it will ease of soon.

Comment from: foolmetwice, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

Two years running after being healthy for months, the first week after the shot, I started getting fatigued. Second week I got sick with all the flu symptoms that lasts and lasts. I think I will take my chances next time.

Comment from: mahi, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 16

My left arm is in pain. I had flu shoot November 03, 2013 and I'm worried about my arm.

Comment from: mona, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: November 27

I am suffering with post nasal drip after receiving my flu shot.

Flu Vaccination - Side Effects Question: Did you have any side effects of your flu vaccination?