Patient Comments: Flu Vaccine (Flu Shot) - Experience

Please describe your experience with the flu shot.

Comment from: Bubba 517, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 02

I had the flu shot 13 days ago. My arm which was injected is still very sore as is my neck area. I've had the flu shots every year for at least the last 25 years if not longer and have never had such disturbing after affects.

Comment from: Frances, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

I received the flu shot on October 29. Mid-morning the next day I started feeling unwell; headache and nausea. I felt better once I lay down, but symptoms returned when sitting or standing. I took an ibuprofen with lunch and started feeling better within an hour. After a nap I felt much better and was able to continue usual activities. My 10 month old had a shot as well, and he was fussy late morning and took a long nap over lunch and afternoon, and now seems his usual self.

Comment from: txsldy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I got a flu shot 4 weeks ago. Within hours I began experiencing a bad headache, pain in the neck, both shoulders and around injection site. The headache and neck pain lasted about two weeks. I am still experiencing significant shoulder and muscle pain in the arm where injection was given. Muscle pain in the arm seems to be getting worse.

Comment from: aqedward684, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 27

I had the strong flu shot for the first time. I have been getting flu shots for the last 20 years with no trouble. This year the flu shot has caused terrible muscle pain in my shoulder and legs which I still have after three weeks. The shot was given at a drug store instead of the usual doctor's office. My doctor told me that five of her patient who had the shot at drug store had similar problems. She will report the problem to the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention).

Comment from: Zasi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 26

I received the flu shot on 10/21/15 and within 12 hours I had chills, aching bones, and a fever. I took 600 mg of ibuprofen twice and am feeling fine now, except for some soreness where the shot was given.

Comment from: Mands, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I felt extremely cold all over with aches and pains the day after flu jab and still have the symptoms 5 days later.

Comment from: dayerb, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 21

Last year I had a flu shot and developed a sore throat and tiredness followed by severe diarrhea. This year I had a flu shot on 10/10/15 and again same problems as last year and severe diarrhea. Three friends who had the shot have also had diarrhea 4 days after their shot. Coincidence,

Comment from: wyesman, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I had the flu jab yesterday, October 2015. I have been waking every hour with stomach ache, and then diarrhea and sickness. I had jab last year with no side effects. I am not having another.

Comment from: paul, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: October 21

I have had the flu jab six times. I have had 4 reactions about two days after the shot. This year's was by far the worst, sickness, aching joints, and generally feeling very unwell. I am a fit and active man, the doctor says it cannot be the jab, but I just do not believe what they say. Never again.

Flu Vaccination - Side Effects Question: Did you have any side effects from your flu vaccination?