Patient Comments: Fish Odor Syndrome - Causes

If known, what was the cause of your fish odor syndrome?

Comment from: hay, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have had temporary fish odor syndrome. I first noticed the problem in my teens. I showered at least twice a day and always wore clean cloths. I found that sex was a trauma and anxiety were trigger points. Fortunately I rarely experience the symptoms since I reached my 60s.

Comment from: BzzztBzzzt, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

Years ago I had a body odor and was involved in the nutrition business. We had a saying that said, 'If you stink, use zinc.' Mineral deficiencies are often the issue with health issues. Thanks for reading.

Comment from: Ines, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

I have had smelly sweat and armpit, and vaginal odor. It started when I gave birth to my eldest son and since then I get smelly specially in my underarm, even when I put deodorant I am still smelly. I don't talk to people or go to parties anymore because I was afraid and got embarrassed that someone will smell me and people will stay away from me and call me smelly armpit. I don't know what to do, I still have this fish odor syndrome.

Fish Odor Syndrome - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms associated with fish odor syndrome in you or someone you know?
Fish Odor Syndrome - Treatment Question: Discuss your diagnosis of and treatment for fish odor syndrome.