Patient Comments: Fish Odor Syndrome - Causes

If known, what was the cause of your fish odor syndrome?

Comment from: hay, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have had temporary fish odor syndrome. I first noticed the problem in my teens. I showered at least twice a day and always wore clean cloths. I found that sex was a trauma and anxiety were trigger points. Fortunately I rarely experience the symptoms since I reached my 60s.

Fish Odor Syndrome - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms associated with fish odor syndrome in you or someone you know?
Fish Odor Syndrome - Treatment Question: Discuss your diagnosis of and treatment for fish odor syndrome.