First Aid for Seizures Related Diseases & Conditions
Medical tests and procedures are used to diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions. Our doctors have compiled a list of ailments related to the topic of First Aid for Seizures that may be used to diagnose or monitor the status of the diseases and conditions listed below.
Epilepsy is a brain disorder in which the person has seizures. There are two kinds of seizures, focal and generalized. There are...learn more »
In This Article
Seizure (Epilepsy) Article
- Epilepsy Facts*
- What is epilepsy?
- What causes epilepsy?
- What are the different kinds of seizures?
- Focal seizures
- Generalized seizures
- What are the different kinds of epilepsy?
- When are seizures not epilepsy?
- First seizures
- Febrile seizures
- Nonepileptic events
- How is epilepsy diagnosed?
- Can epilepsy be prevented?
- How can epilepsy be treated?
- How does epilepsy affect daily life?
- Are there special risks associated with epilepsy?
- What research is being done on epilepsy?
- How can I help research on epilepsy?
- What to do if you see someone having a seizure
- Where can I get more information?
In This Article
Seizures Symptoms and Types Article
- Epilepsy and an overview of the types of seizures
- Types of generalized seizures (including grand mal)
- Absence seizures
- Myoclonic seizures
- Clonic seizures
- Tonic seizures
- Atonic seizures
- Types of partial seizures
- Simple partial seizures
- Complex partial seizures
- Focal seizure that evolves into a generalized convulsive ("grand-mal") seizure
First aid is a complicated subject and it is situation-specific. First aid is the help and medical assistance that someone gives,...learn more »