Patient Comments: Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy of the Thyroid - Experience

Question:What was your experience with fine-needle aspiration of your thyroid?

Comment from: KSKSKISS1, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

May 19, 2011. I just had a Thyroid Biopsy done this past Monday. I was scared to death so I took 3 Valium before the procedure. The only pain I felt was the fine needle used to numb my neck. Was all done in less than 10 minutes. Was very sore after numbness wore off, and is still a little sore, but nothing I could not handle. If I had to have one again would not be afraid.