- Enlarged Prostate (BPH) Pictures Slideshow
- Prostate Cancer Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Enlarged Prostate Quiz!
- What is finasteride, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for finasteride?
- Is finasteride available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for finasteride?
- What are the side effects of finasteride?
- What is the dosage for finasteride?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with finasteride?
- Is finasteride safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about finasteride?
What is the dosage for finasteride?
Finasteride is metabolized mainly by the liver, and caution should be used in patients with liver dysfunction. Finasteride may be taken with or without food.
Which drugs or supplements interact with finasteride?
Drug interactions are generally not a problem.
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.