Patient Comments: Fibrocystic Breast Condition - Breast Cancer Risk and Concerns

If you have fibrocystic breasts, are you worried about developing breast cancer? Please share your concerns.

Comment from: Sanding, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I was diagnosed with fibrocystic breasts from when I was in my teens. I had my first surgery at about 15 my second one in my early twenties. As I get older my worries increase that I might get cancer and what make it worse is my sister was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. She had to take off her right breast and is now doing chemotherapy. I started mammogram from the age of 25 and have been doing it every year along with ultra sound. I really get panic attacks when I think about it. Every year it is horror waiting on my result. Not easy at all!

Fibrocystic Breast Condition - Experience Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your fibrocystic breast condition?
Fibrocystic Breast Condition - Diagnosis Question: How was your fibrocystic breast condition diagnosed?
Fibrocystic Breast Condition - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, have you received for your fibrocystic breast condition?