Patient Comments: Fibrocystic Breast Condition - Experience

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your fibrocystic breast condition?

Comment from: MyBreastsareDense, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I was diagnosed with FBC when I was 15. It was recommended that I give up caffeine at that time, but I waited 2 more years. At that time I had 7 benign cysts. I gave up caffeine at 17, and was checked ten years later and had no cysts. In the past year I have noticed that even decaffeinated coffee causes breast pain, so I have given that up, started taking evening primrose oil, vitamin E, and given up underwire bras. The combination has helped, and although I'm not sure which one has the most effect I no longer wince when I'm hugged. My chest is not as prominent, which has made me a bit insecure, but the reduction in pain is well worth it. I now have sonograms every 6 months and mammograms every years. I'm 33.

Comment from: misunderstood, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I'm 16 and I've had this condition for two years. I just found out how to ease the pain that I've been living with since I was 14. I don't drink a lot of caffeine so the only thing I can do is drink absolutely no caffeine and take birth control, which gives the wrong impression bout me but I'd rather be talked about in school than deal with that horrible pain.

Comment from: lady love, 25-34 Female Published: September 09

I am now 33yrs old and have been suffering from Fibrocystic Breast Condition sine I was 24yrs old, the pain is really terrible. Vitamin E and Primrose oil really helps to relieve it.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I was diagnosed with this 8 years ago. As soon as I told the doctor it felt like my milk was coming in all over again he said this is what I had. Caffeine doesn't make all that much difference with me from what I have noticed. I usually only have really, really bad pain during colder weather where I can ache down to my wrist. It doesn't matter what time of the month it is during the winter, it's constant pain. I have found that B6, vitamin E and evening primrose oil supplements do really make a difference with the pain.

Fibrocystic Breast Condition - Diagnosis Question: How was your fibrocystic breast condition diagnosed?
Fibrocystic Breast Condition - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, have you received for your fibrocystic breast condition?
Fibrocystic Breast Condition - Breast Cancer Risk and Concerns Question: If you have fibrocystic breasts, are you worried about developing breast cancer? Please share your concerns.