- 10 Common Allergy Triggers Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Quiz on Allergies
- Nasal Allergy Relief Products Slideshow
- What is fexofenadine, and how does it work (mechanism of action)?
- What brand names are available for fexofenadine?
- Is fexofenadine available as a generic drug?
- Do I need a prescription for fexofenadine?
- What are the uses for fexofenadine?
- What are the side effects of fexofenadine?
- What is the dosage for fexofenadine?
- Which drugs or supplements interact with fexofenadine?
- Is fexofenadine safe to take if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
- What else should I know about fexofenadine?
What is the dosage for fexofenadine?
Which drugs or supplements interact with fexofenadine?
Aluminum containing antacids (for example, Maalox) reduced the absorption of fexofenadine when administered 15 minutes apart. Therefore, aluminum containing antacids and fexofenadine should not be administered together. Fruit juices (apple, orange, grapefruit) may reduce the absorption of fexofenadine. Fexofenadine should only be administered with water.
Quick GuideBad Bugs: Identify Bug Bites From Mosquitos, Spiders and More
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.