Disclaimer

fentanyl - transdermal, Duragesic (cont.)

OVERDOSE: This medication patch may be harmful if chewed or swallowed. If overdose or swallowing is suspected, remove the patch if possible, and contact a poison control center or emergency room immediately. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: slow/shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, loss of consciousness.

NOTES: Do not share this medication with others. It is against the law and the medication may cause harm to others.This medication has been prescribed for your current condition only. Do not use it later for another condition unless told to do so by your doctor. A different medication may be necessary in that case.

MISSED DOSE: If you leave a patch on for more than 3 days (72 hours), remove the patch and apply a new patch as soon as you remember. Do not double the dose to catch up.

STORAGE: Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not freeze. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from children and pets.See also Warning and How to Use sections. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Read the Medication Guide for details. To discard, the FDA recommends flushing this medication down the toilet. However, consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.

Information last revised October 2013. Copyright(c) 2013 First Databank, Inc.


Last Editorial Review: 4/16/2014



Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Pill Finder Tool

Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.


Back to Medications Index

copyright


STAY INFORMED

Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!