GENERIC NAME: paroxetine
BRAND NAME: Brisdelle
GENERIC AVAILABLE: No
- Brisdelle is a prescription medicine used for the treatment of moderate to severe hot flashes associated with menopause.
- Brisdelle should not be used to treat depression or other mood disorders. The drug is not indicated for pediatric use.
The most common side effects of Brisdelle are:
Other side effects include:
- Dry mouth
Possible serious side effects include:
- Increased risk for suicidal thoughts or actions
- Bone fracture
- Low salt (sodium) levels in the blood (hyponatremia)
- Visual problems
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis
- Abnormal bleeding
- Manic episodes
Numerous other side effects may also occur infrequently.
Quick GuideHow to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Use the pill identifier tool on RxList.