Patient Comments: Fatty Liver - Diet

What changes have you made to your diet since being diagnosed with a fatty liver?

Comment from: Dipti, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

Exercise for 45 minutes which includes brisk walking. I stopped oily foods and having raw vegetables and fruit juices.

Comment from: pegie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I am not eating anything with high fructose corn syrup. I do not take cholesteral meds any more. I rarely drink alcohol so I blame my NALD on High Fructose COrn Syruo,

Comment from: So True, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I have not changed my diet at all since I was diagnosed. I was doctor diagnosed by a doctor, who just listened to my problems. I have never been a sugar eater or a person who ate an excess of fat. In fact, I cut every little smidgen off meat, and didn't eat milk products after grade 12. I grew up on a farm and always drank and ate whole milk products. I never ate store-bought stuff; it was all home grown and homemade from the time I was a baby to age 65. I never was that big of an alcohol drinker. I did smoke, but was not a heavy smoker. I did a lot of physical work over the years and gained maybe two pounds every year until I was in my 50s. I had a few health problems and started to put on weight until my 60s, when more health problems came.

Fatty Liver - Symptoms Question: The symptoms of fatty liver can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Fatty Liver - Causes Question: What caused your fatty liver?
Fatty Liver - Treatment and Medications Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, have you been given for your fatty liver?